Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
had their 5 day gone over Thanksgiving trip extended to 8 days so they could return home for 10 hours before going out again for 2 more while getting paid below industry average? Just curious, let me know if this sounds familiar.

Seriously thinking of getting a job selling cars.

Its been a while since I've looked at 135 regs, but if they had 24 hours off they were good to go. Its kind of a crappy deal to get your 24 hours off on Thanksgiving in some place thats not home.

The "below industry average" seems to be becoming the "average" now. I'm right there with you on the crap pay bro.

It's sad when you see a sign on Waffle House that says " Hiring managers, $36,000 annually", and you think about the multi million dollar aircraft you fly for less than that...

one of my 135 Lear buddies spent turkey day at Dairy Queen in west texas eating steak fingers with gravy. after his "thanksgiving day meal" he retreated to his hotel room at the Super 8

I recall some guy, Kit Darby?, saying something about aviation being 15 days off a month and flying 777's to Europe at $250,000 a year

:confused:

Here's my solution to those days...you know, when you get the priveledge of visiting the airport without the benefits of being paid for it....

Just make sure to exclaim "living the dream!" and you'll feel better. I know I do. It's been pretty dreamy lately. :)

Dan

Paying your dues

Sounds like you are paying your dues, better jobs will come and you owe to your employer to move on to another job so that turnover starts to effect the operation and improvements will have to be made by operator to reduce turnover. BTW pilots are not suppose to get holidays off, that is why they get so many other days off, maybe not in the bottom end 135 business, but UAL, DAL, NWA, etc. all fly on the holidays. At our place holidays off are bid in the seniority system seems to work, plus if you are out of town on Thanksgiving, the company buys you a Thanksgiving dinner.

"At our place holidays off are bid in the seniority system seems to work, plus if you are out of town on Thanksgiving, the company buys you a Thanksgiving dinner."

The previously-mentioned DQ Steak Fingers w/ gravy?

satpak77 said:
one of my 135 Lear buddies spent turkey day at Dairy Queen in west texas eating steak fingers with gravy. after his "thanksgiving day meal" he retreated to his hotel room at the Super 8

I recall some guy, Kit Darby?, saying something about aviation being 15 days off a month and flying 777's to Europe at $250,000 a year

:confused:
I hope he got one of those DQ dipped cones. That is the perfect way to end a trip to DQ.

dipped cones

yeah I think he did

he wrapped it in those white DQ napkins and went back to the motel room, where he tried to tune in some stations with the aluminum foil wrapped antenna

satpak77 said:
That is just wrong... :( :( :(

A friend of mine had to fly his boss to Colorado for thanksgiving, and the owner of the jet allowed him to bring his wife and two kids along so that they would be together on turkey day.

Latest resources

Back