Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GP:

You mean Nov 99 not Nov 2000, right?

Also, where did you get the change info from? I didn't hear anything on the hotlines....

Thx...

My mistake. Yes, November 1999.

The pushback dates were sent to me through the MEC e-mail and I was also called by SFOFO two or three days ago.

This has not been on any of Steve Forte's hotlines.

I didn't talk to anyone at SFOFO, they just left a message stating that my new furlough date was 1/15/03. Talked to a buddy of mine who found out from some union guys ****RUMOR ALERT, RUMOR ALERT!!!**** that the reason for the pushback dates was because of an accounting problem. Seems they couldn't figure out how to pay us for a partial month's work. So, the next two rounds of F's come at the end/beginning of a pay period.

Funny, the company is losing millions of dollars each day yet they decide to keep 220 pilots (who are NOT needed) around for 9 more days. And they're keeping the 132 (now 180) around for an extra 23 days???

Read today that the Shuttle will be up and running again sometime in '03. Don't know if that will lessen the amount of furloughs or increase them due to increased productivity. It's about time they re-start the Shuttle. For the past couple of months it seems like I've had plenty of 1:10 sits, not like the Shuttle days when we were out in 40 minutes. UA also wants to change the name of the Shuttle. I thought "Zip", but Air Canada already took that one. Maybe "Zoom", or just "Jet". Or, how 'bout "Speed"? Of course, you'd always get some joker to erase the 'S' in Speed and you'll get....well, you know!

Cheers!

GP

01/15/03

Yeah I got the call a couple days ago too. No explanation really. I did inquire about the furlough pay, "we'll get back to ya on that ". I kind of doubt it with the decision in the BK judge's hands. We'll see. Do you know if the passes are good for 90 or 180 days ? I know the official word has never been changed even thought the earlier groups have received 180. Any word on this ?

Hey P-3 dub, you can have one or two of my buddy passes! ha ha. I could meet you in PHX to kick your behind at golf.

#'s at U Wholly Owned

Allegheny - had up to 60 on furlough back in july but have called most back due to attrition, I'm not 100% sure but I think every one who wanted to come back are back. However in DEC (this month) a notice on the company web site for LOA's in Jan for flight crews. The last time they did this it was followed by a reduction bid (furlough notice) and capt downgrades. O well guess we'll see.

Piedmont - according to code-a-phone 14 on furlough and 35 sked for Jan. The TPA base is closed and Jax is closing. They are loosing at least 5 planes as Mesa Jets take Florida flying.

PSA - according to code a phone up to 35 but still to be determined in Jan. From my friend there he says no Capt downgrades, they will use junior Capts in both positions.

So there you have it my sources are ALG alpa web page, company web site and ALPA code a phones.

Other info: the pres of ALG put a letter on the co site to employees on dec6.

"This past October, Allegheny reduced its administrative and management staff by 20% and had previously furloughed pilots and flight attendants consistent with the reduction in Allegheny’s flight schedule. We do not anticipate further reduction in those departments in the immediate future"

I take "immediate future" to be between now and april/may when a previous letter from the pres. (the summer threat letter) showed us loosing aleast one a/c per month until we are down to 13 or 15 dashes.

I would be curious to see if our sked for dashes leaving cooinside with more SAAB 340's showing up at Shuttle Am and Colgan. Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMM

Take Care

Talked to a buddy of mine who found out from some union guys ****RUMOR ALERT, RUMOR ALERT!!!**** that the reason for the pushback dates was because of an accounting problem. Seems they couldn't figure out how to pay us for a partial month's work.

Yep, I figured as much when I saw the new dates. Oh well, you get a few more days to wear your uniform. Maybe you will even get a field standby or two....

Was the 132 vs 180 number formally announced somewhere or was that part of the message as well?

The 180 pilots slated for a March 1st furlough came from the MEC e-mail.

After being out on the line last week I also heard of another 50/month until United finds its "Happy Place". Of course, this is just rumor, so who knows.

When I saw ERP II I figured they would get rid of about 300 of us immediately and then trickle the next 300 out over a period of time as senior pilots were re-trained. The company planned to furlough us anyway, ATSB loan/ERP II or not. I pretty much saw the writing on the wall when the January bids came out (in SFO we had about 54 lines with 56 reserve lines and no surplus reduction lines). This was in sharp contrast to December and the preceding months where we had around 30 surplus reduction lines. I'm just hoping the furloughs stop at 600 for '03.

Cheers!

GP

Midwest Express Numbers

Midwest Express wasn't on the furlough list above -- so you can add another 50 pilots (or so) to your furlough numbers.

USAir

Not sure if USAir was on there or not. But by March they will have upwards of 1800 furloughees (assuming they remain solvent).

Hire dates of furloughees all the way back to the mid-1980s.

Latest resources

Back