• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

How many Krispy Kreme doughnuts?

rumpletumbler

Total Time
How many to buy for a 1 hour flight with 2 pax?

I would say 12 to guarantee you at least 6-8 on arrival at your destination. ;) :cool:

I have found this formula to work rather well but would like to hear from the more experienced food gatherers.

RT

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
Here's what I think - assume a donut consumption rate of about 3 dph per person. You as the PIC will most likely be too busy to consume donuts during taxi, takeoff, and probably the time after you're handed off from approach to tower. Therefore you'll probably only have about .7 hours of donut consumption time. By my math, that's 2 for you and 3 for each of your passengers for a total of 8.

Now, this doesn't take into account reserves should you have to divert, so maybe you might want to add a fudge factor into that.

:D

Hubie

Member 9.6 mile high club
Total Time
4,700+
Dear Jesus BigD…

You need a job, and fast!
:D :D :D :eek:

328dude

Still turning two
Total Time
??????
BigD. Wow my man, you are really bored aint ya. Well, then try this on for size. Some guy in Seattle figuared out the Michael Jordon has spent a total of 45 minutes aloft above a basketball court during his career.

If your still bored, try to figuare out how many take offs and landings that is.

BigFlyr

Total Time
10700+
You obviously don't need a degree. You need a shrink. :D

Lindy

Total Time
And don't forget to pass the leftovers to the rest of us....where I reside, alas, no Krispy Kremes.....

Anyone passing through MDW in the next few days (and who can bring me a couple??)

RamRise

Total Time
15000+
I'm begging you - DO NOT DELIVER any Krispy Kreme Donuts to Furloughed Gal - I have to fly with her and she is hyper enough! I have done everything in my power to conceal the locations of KK establishments in the area.

empenage

Total Time
BigD.....Wow dude. I'm impressed. That response left an image.

The last time I had to think about this was my cargo days. The answer is 8. BUT remember. No powdered. Powdered makes a mess and slows down the consumption rate........Now I sound like BigD........Holy Pete.

New KK off Ina Rd. KTUS. Hit IT.

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
Heh! Maybe I *do* have too much time on my hands!

I think I may head out to get some KK right now...

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
Total Time
True story

Back before Krispy Kreme got their first Lear (aka Doughnut One), the guys flew down to Myrtle Beach Grand Strand airport in their Cheyenne. On approach when they checked with the tower, the controller asks, "Hey, do you guys have some of those hot glazed doughnuts on board?" Pilot says, "Yep." The controller then says, "Well then you're cleared to land, and please call the tower."

celloman

Total Time
3000+
Dont forget the landing fee of at least 1 per person at the local FBO where you are going to be stoping. Where I work its a weekly charge for one of the corperations that stop in ;) :p

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Total Time
Then there was the Albuquerque police helicopter that landed across from a donut shop last year for a midnight snack

JBHewlett

AOPA & EAA Member
Total Time
280+
The ole saying

What do you expect. Haven't you heard the saying "like a pilot in a donut shop" ????

J.

Freightdog75

Don't hassle the Hoff
Total Time
Can't beat cream filled KK's.

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Total Time
bigD said:
...assume a donut consumption rate of about 3 dph per person.

Suppose you opt for donut holes instead of donuts. Is there a formula that'll convert dph to hph?

God help you, what if you buy the donuts in Canada and get them in metric?

(I think I'd better go to bed...)