• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnnyPilot

I have been swimming for about a month.

I jump everytime the phone rings.

What is the average time spent in the pool?

I feel like I have the winning lottery ticket but can't cash it in.........yet.

Any insight or words of wisdom/encouragement would help.

I'd be happy to trade places with you! Good luck whenever the call does finally come.

Johnny,
I hate to break it to you but the swim can be a few weeks to a few months to a few years. It sucks but there are people that have been in that pool FOREVER. I know it's hard, but the best thing to do is go on with your life and try really hard NOT to jump everytime the phone rings. Good luck!

Johnny,
I hate to break it to you but the swim can be a few weeks to a few months to a few years. It sucks but there are people that have been in that pool FOREVER.

Holey smokes Mega... you're depressing! :p

Keep the faith Johnny.

BBB

I know a guy that has been in there for a few months,,,, If you have cross Atlantic or Pacific heavy time it wont be long,,,,,, But without it the wait may take a while,,,,,

I know a guy that has been in there for a few months,,,, If you have cross Atlantic or Pacific heavy time it wont be long,,,,,, But without it the wait may take a while,,,,,

I disagree. A friend who was in class in March swam for 2 months (biggest thing he ever flew was an RJ). Another friend was never in the pool. He got called a week after his interview for an April class (no transoceanic or heavy experience). It just depends what they are hiring into at the time. Right now we are staffing pretty much all fleets.

Still no news on when the window is opening? It closed as I hit the 1000PIC mark - doh :cartman: Got both PAC/NAT and heavy experience. I am also fully prepared to wear a brown suit :D

PUKE :puke:

Brown trucks laughing at me!

Start counting package cars..the more you count each day the closer you are to being called. It's true.

I've been swimming since Apr. Lots of heavy international time (C-17) so I haven't figured out the secret to getting a class.

Another brown truck just drove by. I swear the driver's know that I'm in the hiring pool!:smash:

Latest resources

Back