Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

han_solo

Junkyard Ace
For those who fly for Ameristar, USA jets, Kalitta, Cherry Air...etc. On average, how many hours do you guys fly in one month? Both Left seat and Right seat.

Here at Kalitta it varies to much.
on peak months I can go up to 85hrs on slow months 45hrs.

bombinha said:
Here at Kalitta it varies to much.
on peak months I can go up to 85hrs on slow months 45hrs.

On average, how many days away from home per month at Kalitta for you? During slow months, are you spending your non-flying hours primarily at home or in a hotel room on the road?

Also, do East Coast based pilots fly primarily to Europe and Middle East while West Coast based pilots fly the Pacific and Asian routes?

USA JET

Slow Month= 0 flt hours (Even included a commercial down to LRD to sit for a week to cover a plane)

Busy Month= 55 fllt hours

Days away from home: depends on if you live with the electronic leash in YIP, or commute.

I left Airnet in November and at that time I was flying 90-92 hrs a month in the 35. I think that is still the pace right now too.

At Ameristar, slow months yield 35-40 hours....busy months 65-85. It was rather slow January through March, but has been getting busier lately.

Worked at Cherry Air for four years...busiest month 139 block hours...slowest month 11 block hours. Averaged about 55 hours a month.

Right now at AirNet, I'm pulling 0-10 in a slow month and upwards of 50 in a fast month. But that's probably because my butt is usually behind a desk or in the back seat of a simulator most of the time. :p

Latest resources

Back