How many days off do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Days off

I've been with Air Willy for almost three years bid #1 FO at my domicile average 18 days off per month with about 60 block. Been bidding relief lines that are long call reserve, 48 hour callout and hardly ever work. I pick up a trip or two in open time and credit over 100hrs and work maybe six days.

Gotta love this business!:D

I'll tell you one thing! Even though I get a great schedule now in a cool airplane! I can't wait to upgrade and sit airport reserve with 10 days off a month!

You think I'm kidding, but I'm actually looking forward to that! It'll probably only be cool for about a month, oh well!

Either way, even when I do sit airport reserve as a Capt., it'll still be working........anywhere!

I fly for a large 135 freight carrier and get my weekends off. I enjoy it. It is the first time in my life that I haven't had to work 2 jobs and actually get the weekends off. I know that whenever I make it to an airline, it will change, so I am enjoying it right now. Other than being gone from home 12 or 13 hours, working about 6 and getting paid for 8 and doing whatever I want to on my layover is pretty nice.

Part 91

I am a part 91 corporate single-pilot Cheyenne II guy. I am expected to have a presence at the office on my non-flying days. Although I am generally out of here by noon, I classify office days as work, as well as late afternoon departures with mornings off (usually the weekend scenario). I've been here 10 months now. I average 8.8 overnights, 6 days off and 28.3 flight hours per month. My lows and highs for flight: 5.5 and 51.8. For RONs: 1 and 13. Days off: 3 and 8. I've included time spent in maintenance, training and a nightmare overhaul. Now that our engine is straight, I think my overnights will go down and my time off will go up! :)

-PJ

I work in the Arctic is an air ambulance pilot. 21 day nothern rotations. In other words, sit for 21 days on a pager up north and then fly home on a 737 for 21 days off. About 180 days off a year. Sure beats working.

Over the past year I have averaged 16-18 days off with 85-95 hours of block. Best month was 18 days off with 96 hours pay. One of those days was a 5 hour day bought back by the company for IOE.

Hope we can get this industry back on its wings. Too many guys with the whole month off....

Reserve duty before the latest fulough was sweeeet. One or two trips a month max. I even had a 45 day stint without a trip to the airport .
I can't wait for the summer schedule to end so maybe it'll be safe to bid reserve again.

Our hard lines run from 22 to 12 days off. Average is somewhere around 15.

Latest resources

Back