How many days off do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
July- 12 days on-19 off.
33.5hrs block, 26.5 hrs pay and credit, 6o hours total.
Not too efficient scheduling on the company's part.
AA 737 MIA

15 scheduled days off, plus 4-day layovers at home on the two work weekends equates to about 21 days at home each month on a flying line. Reserve lines have 14 sceduled days off, but there may be only 2-10 days of flight assignments, so if one lives locally, the days at home can be again in the 20's.

Flight times for lines vary by aircraft, but are generally 30-50 hours. On reserve, I have flown under 10 some months.

Well, I'm really going to make some people green with envy. I have a 98 hour line, but I was paired with a Check Airman. So far I have flown 4 days. Right now, I'm RIOEd for the rest of the month and may not fly at all. Best of all, I still get paid my 98 hours! I love this job.

Caveat: this is not a normal occurence.

How many days off do you get?
Curious about total days off per month and hours flown per month, for the various members on this message board.

heh heh, he said "various members".

20 days off a month, about 40 block flight hours and salary with perdiem. No holidays and EVERY weekend is three days off. Schedule is not to tough to figure out, as it's every other business day, so I can plan way ahead of time. Plus, since I return to and am based at the HUB, I go to bed every night in my own bed. I only RON for recurrency training once a year and the rare one or two times a year I get wx'd out of the hub.

The schedule works like this...Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Then on the following week, Tuesday, Thursday. If a holiday falls on work day, I usually get a 5 day weekend out of it. If not it just makes for a very short work week with a three day weekend on either side of three days off in a row during the week.

Last edited:
Did I mention that I hate you guys?

:D

Haven't had more than 9 days off in a month in nearly a year.

Clearly I don't work for a major!

When you're as junior as me theese things are inconsequential.

Which aslo means I get 30 days of golfing with my cellphone on.

It could be worse.....

--03M

Latest resources

Back