• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many ASA lines on 7/900?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't look at the last guy to get a line, you have to look at the first guy who is given reserve (most probably not by choice). That's because PBS allows junior guys with preassigned credits (vacation, training) to hold lines ahead of more senior guys without such credits. So if you look at the list there will be a section where there's a mix of some guys getting reserve and some guys getting lines; you need to be ahead of this whole section if you want to reliably hold a line.

Yeah that is why I was looking for real input. The thing on xjet only shows the last line, not the first reserve.

Yeah that is why I was looking for real input. The thing on xjet only shows the last line, not the first reserve.
Yeah, you're right.

If I go to flica and click on "view final bid submitted", I can see that I was "x" out of 220 (not 200) for September, but the final number for November showed only 195 total, and that number will be something completely different in the future. Unfortunately I don't know how to get it to show that number if you're not on the airplane; I guess you could keep asking someone who is on the plane.

Sept, last one to get a line was #184 out of 200. Really only 16 people on reserve?

Likely had pre assigned credit and became (in L-XJT's term) a "Lucky Lineholder". I sure there were quite a few senior to him that didn't get lines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's useless to look at current lines when 12 more planes are coming. Just take the maximum pilots shown on the position notice and times by .8 to be conservative. If you will sit at that number or higher up on the seniority list, then you will be a Lineholder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

*Times .8(80%)

I figured 20% on reserve is worse case scenario

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

This. 20% is a very conservative number. I'm away from home this weekend on MIL leave, but when I do get home I can pull up the historical data. Already helped a few guys. Certainly a tough spot to be in if you're in the bottom 50% over on the 50 seat contemplating a change.

This. 20% is a very conservative number. I'm away from home this weekend on MIL leave, but when I do get home I can pull up the historical data. Already helped a few guys. Certainly a tough spot to be in if you're in the bottom 50% over on the 50 seat contemplating a change.

Any info would be great! PM me if you don't want to post on here.

CR7/9 CA ATL typically has 30 reserve lines. So, currently the bottom 30 pilots are on reserve. When the additional 900's come on-line, a few more reserve lines will likely be added.

CR7/9 CA ATL typically has 30 reserve lines. So, currently the bottom 30 pilots are on reserve. When the additional 900's come on-line, a few more reserve lines will likely be added.

ATL 700/900 has been overstaffed(for good reason that we now know) for months. I wouldn't go off the current number of reserves plus alittle more as a baseline

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back