• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How low can you go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those are pretty awful wages and certainly a harbinger to the quality of their operation. OTOH, if you've been out of work and falling out of currency, you had better give a place like that some consideration. Dog eat dog. If you don't take it someone else will.

Subscription pages like climbto350 get paid to place the ad, they are probably thinking the same thing, what a funky job, but it is strictly business. Hay times are tough, but you have to draw the line about your own self esteem. You would make better money driving a truck.

2cents
I totally agree with Rumple. They should screen the ads. I have been one who has sent complaints to the services and others like for running certain postings without regard to the content or the poster.

And as for the way that the websites work, they do NOT in most cases charge the entity posting the ad. They charge those of us who are "subscribers" and who should be able to expect some qualitative control over the postings.

Climbto350.com does not charge to place an add, they make their $$ of pilots paying for their services.
And because of this, should be sensitive to factors affecting pilots, such as whether the postings are offensive or are posted by operators who are known to exploit or abuse pilots.

Keep in mind that 350.com makes its money off of subscribers. The more listings displayed the more likely users will register and pay for access. Believe it or not, many who do sign up would be grateful to find and apply to this opportunity. I don't mean to condone it, but it's unlikley that 350 will screen those who want to post jobs even if they suck. Where do they draw the line and what type of criteria/policy should they implement to filter ads. "One mans garbage..." yadda yadda. Too much trouble for them to bother filtering what does does not appeal to a particular indivdual. If you don't like the job post, don't apply.

Not meant to defend Climbto350 post

I don't know the details of this job, but maybe these clowns don't fly very much and just need a part time pilot to be on a long leash. I know of a job that sounded like this one from a while back. They just want a captain a day or two a week to give their main crew a break. Maybe you should go to the interview and see what it's about.

Then you can tell us if it's worth applying for.

Has anyone else seen the part 91 Citation 550 job on climbto350.com today??? $30K for the CAPTAIN and no benefits??? :eek:

"Company in the Chicagoland area is looking for a Citation 550 Captain for part 91 flying. Applicant must have 3000TT, 1500 PIC, 250 PIC in Type, current 8410 in type, ATP certificate and Class I medical certificate.

Applicant must be willing to work for $30,000/year, no benefits."

I'm need a job badly but this is comical.

Just ask NCHERCHES! He can show you how low someone can go! N877SD:smash: No pay at all!

I honestly have no clue what kind of operation this might be. There are a few things that stand out as odd, to say the least. If this really is a part time position, wouldn't they be better off with contract guys in the Chicago area? And, as others have stated, the 8410 requirement doesn't hold water if it's part 91.

My first jet job was 135 right seat in a CE560 making $35k plus benefits. I think these folks are just trying to take advantage of really bad job market. Too bad they didn't provide an email address for us to sign them up for various male enhancement products. :D

It is a harbinger of the future for the entire country. We are going to free-trade and deficit-spend ourselves into a Third World Quality of Life.

When the government controls so much of one's paycheck it doesn't take long before the difference between a jet pilot and a shelf stocker becomes a matter of perception...

Won't be long before they outsource pilot jobs to people from overseas who will fly for $300 a month...

It is a harbinger of the future for the entire country. We are going to free-trade and deficit-spend ourselves into a Third World Quality of Life.

When the government controls so much of one's paycheck it doesn't take long before the difference between a jet pilot and a shelf stocker becomes a matter of perception...

Won't be long before they outsource pilot jobs to people from overseas who will fly for $300 a month...

....speaking of overseas, I can't even get a contract in INDIA right now flying citations or hawkers. This time last year they were ringing my phone off the hook at least once a week. I'm willing to move and work anywhere right now (except the aforementioned operator in Chicago). I can't believe how bad things have become over just the last 6 months.

Latest resources

Back