Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flydaddy0499

Now accepting donations:)
Has anyone else seen the part 91 Citation 550 job on climbto350.com today??? $30K for the CAPTAIN and no benefits??? :eek:

"Company in the Chicagoland area is looking for a Citation 550 Captain for part 91 flying. Applicant must have 3000TT, 1500 PIC, 250 PIC in Type, current 8410 in type, ATP certificate and Class I medical certificate.

Applicant must be willing to work for $30,000/year, no benefits."

I'm need a job badly but this is comical.

This is really sad! The worse part is there are probably plenty of applicants!

It wouldn't be worth risking your ticket flying for someone who is clearly too cheap to pay for maintenance, fuel to the alternate plus 45, required D-cell flashlights, current charts, etc. This bound to be an operation in violation of any number of regs. Don't do it.

Wacoflyr

Every qualified person within 100 miles should apply, interview, and then say "no thanks." Let interviewing pilots be their new hobby...

Has anyone else seen the part 91 Citation 550 job on climbto350.com today??? $30K for the CAPTAIN and no benefits??? :eek:

"Company in the Chicagoland area is looking for a Citation 550 Captain for part 91 flying. Applicant must have 3000TT, 1500 PIC, 250 PIC in Type, current 8410 in type, ATP certificate and Class I medical certificate.

They probably expect you to spend the rest of your career there too, right? Places like this can go rot.

Why do you need a "current 8410" if it's Part 91?

Amazing what people will volunteer for...

The expedition was inundated with applications from volunteers to join, despite (or maybe because of) the tragic end of Robert Scott and his team after reaching the South Pole only two years beforehand. There is a much publicized, but almost certainly apocryphal newspaper advertisement supposedly placed by Shackleton (no trace of a copy has ever been found in any archive).
"MEN WANTED: FOR HAZARDOUS JOURNEY. SMALL WAGES, BITTER COLD, LONG MONTHS OF COMPLETE DARKNESS, CONSTANT DANGER, SAFE RETURN DOUBTFUL. HONOUR AND RECOGNITION IN CASE OF SUCCESS.
- SIR ERNEST SHACKLETON"

I'm just an old man starting out in this field but why don't sites like climbto350 censor this type of ad?

Being aviation friendly should be more of a priority than money.

Wouldn't this fall under the "offensive" part of the terms of use of the board?

Which job boards if any are pilot friendly?

funky job

Subscription pages like climbto350 get paid to place the ad, they are probably thinking the same thing, what a funky job, but it is strictly business. Hay times are tough, but you have to draw the line about your own self esteem. You would make better money driving a truck.

2cents

Climbto350.com does not charge to place an add, they make their $$ of pilots paying for their services.

Latest resources

Back