Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long till Southwest interviews again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, Pocono?

Can you post some pictures of you, and your BFF?

You know, maybe hugging, or tickling each other, or something?

:)
*snicker*

Reminds me of my ex-fiance'... MMmmmmm, good times. ;)

Black socks with tennis shoes? Maybe you need some younger boyfriends, Pocono. :D

For those who are outside looking in,

GK has wisely slowed growth and evaluating our future. If one is a short term buyer of stocks then this can be a disappointment. Just as it could be viewed by those awaiting their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th interview attempt or waiting in the poll as being bad news.

Would one rather be delayed in coming here for sound business reasons and never being furloughed in one's career or be brought on and then furloughed later because the company was continuing down a path that is no longer wise but refuses to admit changes have occurred....many other airlines were slow to respond to those changes pre-9/11 and post 9/11 and employees suffered.

Job security for those presently employed is #1 and that is a wise approach to take. That being said the Company will not turn its back on those in the pool as those in the 73-74xxx employee numbers 3-5 years ago will tell you. It was hard for them and none of them wish that on anyone but the good news is SWA will weather this and other challenges because of leadership....look around you at the leadership in other carriers.

1. UAL - Tilton - trying to find a buyer at all costs
2. DAL - Grienstein out in Aug, CFO or COO or possibly other coming into to run an airline that has major challenges with debt that is still significant, less than before but still sizeable
3. AA - Arpey - a ticking timebomb with employee groups that are very upset
4. NWA - whoever is there is hated by the employees, trust appears to be difficult to find
5. CAL - appears to be in good shape externally, if there are problems they appear to be minor'

The above isn't to imply SWA is better than anyone else....they have their challenges, we have ours, I hope the industry is the home for many more good stories than bad experiences for folks in the future and SWA is not immude to the pitfalls and failures found by others....I'm comfortable with our future and even though you may not be able to join us as quickly as you may have thought, don't get discouraged, this cycle has occurred before and will again....I just like our chances of coming through it all with positive hiring numbers, pluses on the profit side and no furloughs or employee strife along the way than others.

SWA has a had a transition plan for new leadership since April 01 when new changes were first announced....all home grown leaders and that is good for us....doesn't mean it can't go wrong but "trust and good will" goes along way around here because it hasn't been violated.

Hang in there to those who feel the tide has past, there will still be hiring regardless of Age 60 changes, why can't it be you? Do your best, come prepared, stay positive and current and hang in there....as long as you're a good employee for your current employer, stay current, continue to look for innovative ways to improve your own personal and professional skills, there is no reason why you can't get to SWA, maybe not as soon as you would like but for those hired after 2 years in the pool, you'll hear few complaints from them I think 3-5 years later....life is good.

Many are still still out there doing something that makes you happy and brings enjoyment to you...for those who view it as just a job, that's fine I guess but could I encourage you to consider doing something that makes you happy instead....life is too short to be disappointed in wasting years of your life for just a paycheck.

Get off the forum and enjoy family and friends...just a little drivel while standing by in MCI....cheers,

Last edited:
Man its been some time since flightinfo gave me a good laugh.

Pocono, honestly you set yourself up for it. I mean come on BFF! When I saw you wrote that I knew it would be good. (BFF, reminds me of that South Park episode.)

I have a trip tomorrow, anyone seen my white shoes!

GK has wisely slowed growth and evaluating our future. If one is a short term buyer of stocks then this can be a disappointment. Just as it could be viewed by those awaiting their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th interview attempt or waiting in the poll as being bad news.

Would one rather be delayed in coming here for sound business reasons and never being furloughed in one's career or be brought on and then furloughed later because the company was continuing down a path that is no longer wise but refuses to admit changes have occurred....many other airlines were slow to respond to those changes pre-9/11 and post 9/11 and employees suffered.

Job security for those presently employed is #1 and that is a wise approach to take. That being said the Company will not turn its back on those in the pool as those in the 73-74xxx employee numbers 3-5 years ago will tell you. It was hard for them and none of them wish that on anyone but the good news is SWA will weather this and other challenges because of leadership....look around you at the leadership in other carriers.

2. DAL - Grienstein out in Aug, CFO or COO or possibly other coming into to run an airline that has major challenges with debt that is still significant, less than before but still sizeable
4. NWA - whoever is there is hated by the employees, trust appears to be difficult to find
5. CAL - appears to be in good shape externally, if there are problems they appear to be minor'

The above isn't to imply SWA is better than anyone else....they have their challenges, we have ours, I hope the industry is the home for many more good stories than bad experiences for folks in the future and SWA is not immude to the pitfalls and failures found by others....I'm comfortable with our future and even though you may not be able to join us as quickly as you may have thought, don't get discouraged, this cycle has occurred before and will again....I just like our chances of coming through it all with positive hiring numbers, pluses on the profit side and no furloughs or employee strife along the way than others.

SWA has a had a transition plan for new leadership since April 01 when new changes were first announced....all home grown leaders and that is good for us....doesn't mean it can't go wrong but "trust and good will" goes along way around here because it hasn't been violated.

Hang in there to those who feel the tide has past, there will still be hiring regardless of Age 60 changes, why can't it be you? Do your best, come prepared, stay positive and current and hang in there....as long as you're a good employee for your current employer, stay current, continue to look for innovative ways to improve your own personal and professional skills, there is no reason why you can't get to SWA, maybe not as soon as you would like but for those hired after 2 years in the pool, you'll hear few complaints from them I think 3-5 years later....life is good.

Many are still still out there doing something that makes you happy and brings enjoyment to you...for those who view it as just a job, that's fine I guess but could I encourage you to consider doing something that makes you happy instead....life is too short to be disappointed in wasting years of your life for just a paycheck.

Get off the forum and enjoy family and friends...just a little drivel while standing by in MCI....cheers,

Well said. I'm amazed that once in awhile you actually can get some good info from this site.

Well said. Positive and upbeat. Just the kind of people that make any company great. Maybe HR reps should read FI or take some notes on what really matters Family and Friends it is not always the bottom line.

fly & Capt

There are many over the years who have posted simiiarly objective and optimistic views for those wishing to joining "airline xx"....folks from all of the majors....the shouting gets a little tiresome and life has kept me and others who use to post on here more regularly involved with other things....that being said I point back to the days of when a young senior executive in the SWA People Department use to respond to questions on the old compuserver forum in '98 & '99 (prior to FI) and provide hope and inspiration to all sort of SWA wannabees in all work categories....turns out the poster known as Miss Libby was Libby Sartain, Chief of the People Department...she is now Chief, HR at Yahoo....rather impressive the chief of the department use to offer candid advice and observations about her company, Southwest....one of the early forms of blogging I would say.....her posts were always upbeat, positive and always encouraging.

I and many others have tried to do the same thing....hopefully more will follow with encouraging points of view such as measured growth by all of the airlines will provide more stable jobs in the future....lord knows the young guys need some stability. thanks again and hopefully there will be more info to pass along on "smart moves" that will be good for everyone down the road....

Yes, sorry. It stands for Best Friend Forever. Just a little abbreviation.

So, I guess that the SWA pool will be full for a while. Not good. We were all hoping to get over this year.

Jesus Fu#%ing Christ, my 20 year old daughter thinks that is juvenile. I had her read it.

Good luck on your sorority pledge.

The Pig.

Pretty funny guys.

I guess it bothers you pretty bad to learn that you don't have to be an old, grey haired, white male to fly airplanes anymore.

Actually - no it doesn't bother me!

I would support any move by management to restrict the hiring of new pilots to hot women pilots only - Follow EOC of course- women of any color please apply. Gotta go write my ALPA rep now...they should bring it up at the next Exec Council meeting.

:)

Latest resources

Back