• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mrmarcus81 said:
Colgan is 9 months to a year You'll have enough time because we need you

how flexible are their mins?

no profile not up to date

Upgrade here is at 3 to 4 years on the ATR and RJ200. Keeps getting less because of the number of people leaving. 150 have left since Feb and the majority still here are trying to go anywhere they can. Company can't fill the classes to keep up with the people leaving and the growth, while the training dept is bottlenecked making the problem worse. Recent upgrades have been told to bid FO lines after their checkride cause IOE is backed up for months.

Kream926 said:
how flexible are their mins?

no profile not up to date

I am not for sure but I believe the more multi time you have the lower the total time can be, ie 250 or more multi you probably don't need the 1000 total time. That's how it was in my interview class.

Since August of last year until today we have lost 110 guys. That number seems to be increasing month by month.

I don't think upgrade times will go up in the near future. For some odd ball reason there are a LOT of FO's who prefer QOL than upgrade.

Many people are making more on the RJ as an FO than reserve captains on the 120.

This last month I worked 63.30 credit hours(block was 51) in one pay period(2 weeks) and still had decent time off. If I was on the RJ it would have paid me $2215.50 plus a per diem of $346.40 = $2561.90 Not bad for two weeks pay on the RJ.

However, I'm sticking around in the bro because it is so jr and PBS is coming to town. In our dumby (practice) bid it awarded me 21 days off for the month with 85 hours of credit time and 80 hours block time. Thats about 4-5 more days than I normally get.

If it awards you 18+ days off per month, you can get creative and pick up some over time trips for overtime pay. $52.50/hr if your on the RJ. As an example pick up a nice paying three day trip, and you still have 15 days off for the month but now have worked 20 more hours at 52.5/hr. With per diem its about 1200 bucks for 3 days. Not Bad at all!!!!

Last edited:
Upgrade at SKYW should be instantaneous once the staple goes through [sarcasm]. Now...where are those guys who were talking all that chit prior to 8/15?

Latest resources

Back