• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Long For The CAL System Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm praying you don't have kids now............

You are praying to the wrong God. Did not work But I did pray that you find the correct one.

I am trying not to bond with my son, that way he gan grow up as an El Joto aka Backrubber....

For those who have not met Sean aka SFR, he is a total moron.

I have been advised by Flight Operations that in order to properly consider each RFL request, manpower planning needs an additional day to generate the bid results. Management had intended and was prepared to post the bid award by Thursday, Aug. 27, but told us that there may not be sufficient run time to include, by that date, the effects of the pilots requesting RFLs. *As a result, the bid results would have included only the COLA participants, providing an incomplete picture at best, only to be followed in a few days by the corrected results.

After consultation with the Scheduling Committee, I granted a one-day extension in order to make sure that the bid posting properly reflects all furlough mitigation efforts. *Given the importance of this bid to our pilot group and their families, this was the sensible course of action. In agreement with the Union, the Company will delay publishing the results of System Bid 10-08 until Friday, Aug. 28.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those anxiously awaiting the bid results, but in the long run it is better to wait a day for accurate information than to have partial or inaccurate information on schedule.

Capt. Jay Pierce
CAL MEC Chairman

One Union, One Voice
I.e., it will come out when the company wants it to come out.

Rumors are circulating that there will be NO furloughs. Good luck!
No furloughs on this bid. A message from management says they'll be tweaking the numbers through the fall so they could still come (I guess they're just covering their bases). But, for now, no more furloughs (there are still 147 furloughs from last the previous bid).

Latest resources

Back