• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Long For The CAL System Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I am going out there to chase all the young boys so I can give them backrubs.

I am glad that I got that. Besides Mr. Triple, I would love to rub your back.

Probably not as much as you'd like to rub the front.

Looks like there is about 87% of the original 12% that were put into their 2nd choice 50% positions if their standing bid was not the triple, 756 EWR or the 737 GUM. What also is interesting is that there are 45% of the folks that bid BES at 95% or less. MOst of that 45% people got it while the rest stuck at 80% or less at BES did not.

Can someone explain that in English?

Bye Bye--General Lee

For those who have not met Sean aka SFR, he is a total moron.

I have been advised by Flight Operations that in order to properly consider each RFL request, manpower planning needs an additional day to generate the bid results. Management had intended and was prepared to post the bid award by Thursday, Aug. 27, but told us that there may not be sufficient run time to include, by that date, the effects of the pilots requesting RFLs. *As a result, the bid results would have included only the COLA participants, providing an incomplete picture at best, only to be followed in a few days by the corrected results.

After consultation with the Scheduling Committee, I granted a one-day extension in order to make sure that the bid posting properly reflects all furlough mitigation efforts. *Given the importance of this bid to our pilot group and their families, this was the sensible course of action. In agreement with the Union, the Company will delay publishing the results of System Bid 10-08 until Friday, Aug. 28.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those anxiously awaiting the bid results, but in the long run it is better to wait a day for accurate information than to have partial or inaccurate information on schedule.

Capt. Jay Pierce
CAL MEC Chairman

One Union, One Voice

Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

Looks lke they will have 45% of the 92% in play that they were planning on if you use 101% N1.

This Bid means a lot to a lot of people. People are getting displaced from their bases and people are losing their jobs. Out of courtesy to them, please shut the f$&@ up.

Looks like there is about 87% of the original 12% that were put into their 2nd choice 50% positions if their standing bid was not the triple, 756 EWR or the 737 GUM. What also is interesting is that there are 45% of the folks that bid BES at 95% or less. MOst of that 45% people got it while the rest stuck at 80% or less at BES did not.

Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

This Bid means a lot to a lot of people. People are getting displaced from their bases and people are losing their jobs. Out of courtesy to them, please shut the f$&@ up.

Gosh, you guys are so serious on this board. Relax, and don't worry about the stuff you can't control. I have been displaced 3 times before and have NEVER been that seriously upset about it (except for when I upgraded on the Brasilia at ASA, moved to ATL and got dispalce to DFW 3 months later and had to commute for a year and sit in a crashpad on reserve. We did have fun there, and thank God I did not have kids at the time!)

This whole career is a displacement!

BTW, my courtesy goes to you all getting displaced. I am sure CAL mgmt is courteous also. And to the 96.7% of us that make up the 100% of the 70% paid CAL pilot group......Backrub time!

Latest resources

Back