Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long did wisdom teeth removal keep you out?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
relief tube said:
How many days did the surgery keep you out? (not able to work/travel/fly/enjoy life)
Would post a poll but I'm too dumb to know how to do that.

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled 7 days before going on a european vacation, and as the date nears, am getting nervous about if I have complications, my vacation getting snubbed.

I'm 25, am getting all 4 removed, their impacted and have small cavities on them. Am getting the IV sedation. Don't know if all that changes your recommendation.

Thanks for any help.

Sept, of 2004 @ 28 years old I had mine removed Left Top and Bottom 2 Weeks later had my right side done! Would have been 1 week later but I did not clot & got dry socket you want to talk about pain! Then the dam DDS knew I was having clotting issues and did not sew up my right side Guess what yep dry socket I was down and out for about 5 weeks!

Had mine taken out in high school. Not that bad when you go to a civilian doctor. A day of recovery, at most.

The USMC references had me laughing.

Cut through the tendon of my left thumb during a jungle survival course in the Phillipines. The guides were teaching us how to use bamboo for various things.
Forks, spoons, pressure cookers, etc.

Bamboo can be sharp, sliced myself to he bone.

The squids only stiched up the skin.

I had 4 impacted ones removed at the same time (under general anesthesia for some reason).

I was eating mexican food the next day.

Gingerly....but I had no complications at all.

I've had my wisdom and other teeth extracted one at a time as the situation required...some required several days, and in other cases, I was back flying the next day. Watch out for dry socket.

Most of mine have required surgical extraction. Mine do wierd things, curving down where they're difficult or impossible to pull; they need to be sectioned and surgically removed.

In my opinion, I'd rather be shot repeatedly or bludgeoned than go to a dentist, and the only thing that makes it half way workable is a general anesthetic. I've been beaten, cut, stabbed, twised, broken, bent, and run over...all doable and liveable...but the dentist...that's another matter completely. .44 to the head and get it over with...far more preferable to getting a cavity drilled. I had fifteen shots this last summer when the dentist worked on a tooth, because he didn't do generals, and I felt every second of it. Even after the shots.

Pain is weakness leaving the body...a lot went south during that apointment.

But at least with a general...that's the way to go. Good luck. I hate even thinking about it.

got all 4 of mine still, why would you want to remove something that gives you wisdom?

Latest resources

Back