• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

how long can pdt continue to operate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep leaving please! I'm moving up fast. But to get where?

Keep leaving please! I'm moving up fast. But to get where?

thats what i used to think when i was there "sweet im number 18 in MDT, woot!" WRONG. you should have your stuff in at other regionals, no matter how long you have been at pdt.

i heard about the whole atr talk, whats that about, i cant think of a stupider thing to do! why add a different type aircraft to the fleet, a dash can do what an atr can do, and vice versa (for the most part), any takers!!??

The only reason they would go with ATR's, hmmm 5 million dollars cheaper! So for every 5 aircraft you get on Free! Q400's are 25 million a pop!

US Airways (by Rumor) is ready to spend 1 billion dollars to upgrade PDT fleet. So if you go with 400Q's that would be about 40 Aircraft! So you wouldn't see much growth.

However, I side with all you folks that are leaving! Unless you have been here over 2 years, you should look elsewhere!
PDT has turned into a gamble! Roll the Dice baby!

Good Luck to everyone!

I don't understand why coincidentally they all seem to go from SYR cause the CAs and living cost really aren't all that bad.

you might be in a SYR crashpad if:

You’re so miserable you purposely bid LGA (twighead)

You live in a plywood box (I don’t need to make a joke here, lear24- you pretty much wrote it for me)

Your landlord goes through your trash.... becuase he’s hungry. (jellynuts)

You get a staph infection (hey at least there aren’t too many spiders)

You go to sleep on an airmatress and wake up on a raft (personal experince)

...To ATRs! Or is there a better rumor? They ain't doing anything or else they would announce something to keep people here, so they can operate an airline.

Jellynuts, we need to leave too. Another 2-3 of us on top of the ones this month gone from SYR by the end of June, and they will have to do something up there soon. I don't understand why coincidentally they all seem to go from SYR cause the CAs and living cost really aren't all that bad.

I'm gonna ride it out til the end man, sounds pretty stupid and I might kick myself someday but I'm gonna do it. I'm just gambling that it might turn around someday. The only reason I'm still here is because I grew up around SYR. But it'll be worth it someday, the mainline #..... I can't wait to go work with those ****************************************!!

I'm here until I the end too. Jellynuts, now you know who I am. I love my job, the people I fly with, and the plane I fly. You guys go take your pay cut to fly your mainline size jet and leave us alone!

Yeah I guess other than there being no future I'd be stupid to leave here. I know it's not typical but I'm on a pace to make 37K on 1st year pay, live at home, and have great people to work with. Plus all the bi#%*es!! They love the turboprop!!

Latest resources

Back