Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long before this section gets busy again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simuflight

All I know is that being unemployed sucks! It's only been two weeks! Or course, my wife got canned from the same company the same day. It doesn't help.

Anyone looking for a pilot in the DFW area?
They are adversting for sim IP's

my wife got canned from the same company the same day.

The gal and I have all our eggs in one basket right now too. It was a huge concern of ours when we weighed the risks and rewards of working at the same company. So far the good has out weighed the bad. Sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something good and for your sake I hope it is sooner rather than later. Good luck.

Would you do it again? (Work at the same company)

All I know is that being unemployed sucks! It's only been two weeks! Or course, my wife got canned from the same company the same day. It doesn't help.

Anyone looking for a pilot in the DFW area?
Have you considered a fractional? FlexJet is right in your area. Since you're already furloughed, I'm sure you've already filled out too many apps.

Would you do it again? (Work at the same company)

Not unless we own it! She's retired from the airlines.

I've sent resume's or applied at every frax except AvantAir. Nothing.

Over 40 apps. Two interviews scheduled with regionals. Ugh.

Andy-
If a pilot is furloughed from UAL, do they
still get travel benefits?

Only time will tell if I made a mistake but, I took option "C" and went with contract flying abroad not really expecting that the industry was going to take a dive so quickly after it started to recover but rather not wanting to start at $30-$40/H and take 5 or 6 years just to break even compared to what I was making at a regional. It was difficult to pass two offers here in the States and come here but at the time I thought that at 43 my ship had sailed to start at the bottom at some legacy or an LLC.

Well, my point is that there are some pretty good opportunities abroad to ride this troubled times for the guys and gals on furlough

Latest resources

Back