Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long before airlines start hiring again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you will see it sooner rather then later. The regionals will be hiring again in limit amounts next year and gangbusters in 2011. The majors will start limited hiring in 2011 and start gangbusters in '12. Reasoning: I don't think everyone will make it to age 65, but '10 and '11 will likely see stock market recovery and then the likelihood some of the 62-64 year olds will take their improved 401ks and run. UAL will become the new AMR and might not hire at all in that time frame, where as all the retirements at AMR might make that place as attractive at CO was in the 2004 time frame.

I think you will see it sooner rather then later. The regionals will be hiring again in limit amounts next year and gangbusters in 2011. The majors will start limited hiring in 2011 and start gangbusters in '12. Reasoning: I don't think everyone will make it to age 65, but '10 and '11 will likely see stock market recovery and then the likelihood some of the 62-64 year olds will take their improved 401ks and run. UAL will become the new AMR and might not hire at all in that time frame, where as all the retirements at AMR might make that place as attractive at CO was in the 2004 time frame.

+1

-nisx

The fact that government policy is such a large part of the answer scares me more than thoughts on the subject.

Obama was elected on "change" from Bush policies but did not change one pork barrel spending policy that was "left over"!!! Its ironic the man Obama won over during the election appears to be the REAL change politician.

Latest resources

Back