How is life at Champion lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IHateMgmt

I was thinking about applying to Champion, but wanted to hear from current pilots how life is. How long it takes to hold lines, how's reserve, how long does it take to get based in MSP, how long do you sit as FE, morale, what's the word on the airbuses, etc?

Thanks in advance

yup..i knew 'em both and I hear they were both canned

Do you have to post your question multiple times?

Last edited:
Thedude said:
yup..i knew 'em both and I hear they were both canned

Do you have to post your question multiple times?

Both? What about the engineer?

I hear..the capt had his tickets pulled and fired...f/o fired and they didnt touch the f/e.

Can we get back to the initial question here?

Can anyone please answer the first persons question about what life at Champion is like? How do these forums always digress to something meaningless? And who in their right mind would put two people's names on this board, especially when they did something wrong?

There was a former Champion guy in my new hire class and a current Champion guy is in my crashpad. They are both really good guys so I echo the comments about a great pilot group. The one thing that stands out the most to me is how unproductive the trips appear to be at Champion. They will be gone for a three day and only fly a few hours with a bunch of dedheds on nwa thrown in for fun. I have also observed a lot of red eye/back side flying and some insane sits between legs. I am sure you know that they do a lot of team charters and this involves taking a team from an away game to their home town after the game and then an empty leg repo to another city or domicile. On the bright side, it sounds like you can score some sweet catering after the punks/athletes get off the plane. Good luck.

Hey StaySeated,

By the looks of your avitar, I see you have been paroled or escaped from the asylum of MKE! If so, GOOD FOR YOU! :D I love seeing folks leaving the cookie palace. Some make it out, others just disappear in an avalance of chocolate chips cookies...

Good luck with the new gig!

Paroled? I feel more like a death sentence was pardoned at 11:59 by the Govenor! Thanks for the well wishes, I am feeling pretty lucky to be working with a really great pilot group out here in Denver. Hope all is well with big brown. Tell CC and DP I said hello if you pass them by during a sort! Have a great christmas and new year.

Latest resources

Back