Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's hoping it doesn't.
PHXFLYR

Amen to that. Here's the opinion of a sluggo line pilot. CHI and Peter Fox didn't do us any favors as employees or as crewmembers. He may have helped keep us around, however, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as a business owner (him, not me...). CHI was also a privately held company, so we had no clue where all the dollars went. We made money hand over fist, but they could have easily shut us down after pocketing all that cash, whenever they decided they made enough. Overall, we're doing quite well. So we were and are never "going under". If we do go under at some point, it's because the rug has been pulled from under our feet, which is what ATSG appears to be trying to do or at least letting happen to ABX Air. Astar is on their own in this matter as far as ATSG goes, but both airlines, as well as Cappy and us will be affected. How remains to be seen. But to answer the question, I think this will be good for us as a company in the long run. At the same time, I have no idea if it will be good for my peers and for my family.

I saw the 2 Cargo Jet 767's in the hangars in Wilmington, that sure is a pretty paint job, but I really hate to see them dry leased. I also saw what I'm guessing is the first ATI 767 in Wilmington, also a very smart looking paint job. There was a second obviously ex-AA bird in the hangar, which I'm guessing is also for ATI. But with CAM allegedly calling the shots, who knows. Things are far from certain under the ATSG umbrella.

Is it true that one CAM 767 airframe was destroyed in Italy during the modification process?

The second ex-AA airplane is the one from Italy. Following Boeing test flights, it should be in service in December.

Hi!

Isn't UPS trying to purchase TNT right now?

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back