• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is FAR 117 transition going

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, it's not great, but not a meltdown...yet. New scheduling software seems to work pretty good for now. Now only if we could find some crews to fly...

RAH carriers lead the pack in cancellations and IROPS. This is the most epic CF I've ever witnessed. I'd hate to see what would've happened if we weren't "the most prepared" company for the 117 change. ?

Also, the second you click yes is when the door will burst open and you will be tested for alcohol if someone smelled you at security. Prior to that, you could say you were going to call in sick.

Also, the second you click yes is when the door will burst open and you will be tested for alcohol if someone smelled you at security. Prior to that, you could say you were going to call in sick.

You have to self-certify when you check in for your day? Ours is an additional signature on the release, just prior to push.

Bubba

You have to self-certify when you check in for your day? Ours is an additional signature on the release, just prior to push.

Bubba
Many ways at UAL. On LCAL side (yes, almost 4 years after merger the systems aren't compatible) there is a click here to get paperwork or send a free text message on ACARS or call. LUAL side I believe signing release is FFD or ACARS prompt or call.

Well, my career ( as it were ) was ended for me when :

A) My carrier went T.U.

B) I attempted retirement during the Great Recession.

C) I got old.

D) I got bored and joined a Flying Circus.

So, I'm still flying but I have the luxury of truly not giving a Flying "F" anymore, which is kind of fun...:)

Whine

I don't recall you giving a "flying F" when we flew together back in 2003!!!

So far it seems to be about a wash to me. This one mostly effects the regionals/international since I think most majors at least domestically, already had better work rules than what we had to gain from 117. For example, Alaska already had a 12:30 max scheduled duty day and 10 hour if encroached the WOCL, so the rules didn't help much except for off schedule ops. They closed the legal-start BS but now we can fly more in a day. Now SEA-SAN-Hawaii is legal.

I was thinking of sending an email to scheduling putting them on notice that I was declining all extensions until I retire. I think that would comply.

Bubba

I'm shocked you don't let the ramp certify you....like when you bought the FAA to approve rampers doing your walk arounds.

Latest resources

Back