• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is FAR 117 transition going

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Top guys get another day off. Everyone else loses a day.

I've got three 30 hour layovers this month. At least I will be well rested at the Holiday Inn :erm:

I like the new ACARS message. Now we have to confirm we are fit to fly before each flight. What a joke.

I like the new ACARS message. Now we have to confirm we are fit to fly before each flight. What a joke.
And when we certify FFD, as we must, we are agreeing to waive UPA and FAR 117 to maximum flight and FDP allowances. UAL. Unreal.

With the recent snowstorms and irregular operations around the system, there have been multiple instances of crews being asked to waive their UPA duty limits or extend the maximum Flight Duty Period (FDP) limit. FAR 117 allows extension of the FDP due to unforeseen operational circumstances with the following restrictions:
- The company may extend the FDP up to 30 minutes and this does not require PIC concurrence.
- Extensions beyond 30 minutes require PIC concurrence.
- Extensions beyond 30 minutes can only be taken once until a pilot has a 30 hour rest period
- No extension can be taken before takeoff if it will cause the pilot to exceed the cumulative FDP limits in part 117.23 (i.e., 60 in 168, or 190 in 672)

PIC concurrence is tracked via the "Fit For Duty" certification done before each duty period. Unless you tell the company otherwise, it is assumed you agree to the extension with no Add Pay. If you don't agree to extend more than 30 minutes, or if you only agree to extend if you are provided Add Pay (if eligible under section 5-F-1-h below), you must inform the crew desk and/or FODM.

Last edited:
" ... if you... agree to extend if you are provided Add Pay.."

" I'm fatigued. Not Fit for Duty. Uh....Wait, unless you give me more Money. Then, I'm OKAY. "

Such a High Degree of Standards and Professionalism we all adhere to isn't it?

As the old joke goes:

" SO...We've established what you are, now we are just dickering over price."

I am so glad to be at The End.. of this 30 year Goat-Rope of Fools and Prostitutes.

Happy New Year!...And G.F.Y. !

:)

Love,

YKW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back