Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How intelligent/smart must you be to be a pilot??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well... being a pilot simply means that you fly airplanes. So technically speaking anyone that has any amount of health left inside of them can at least be a private pilot for themselves. They dont really have to be a genius or anything. Just understand the basic principles. It's only 70% to pass the PPL written right? Then if you can do the maneuvers to an acceptable level you will pass.

Now on the other hand... if you will do the job WELL is another story. You'd be surprised some of the things i've read on here that pilots, especially ATP should know. But some dont.

Intelligent people can see both sides of the coin

pilotyip said:
Oh my gad!, Mar just say a degree had nothing to do with flying an airplane, it was just a box you check to get an interview. Where have I heard that before?

I just want to clarify and stay on topic.

I've always maintained the degree has nothing to do with flying the airplane but I've always urged people to get the degree anyway.

I've said it before: Get the degree for an education. Try to live more enlightened. But don't just check the box in pursuit of unbridled careerism.

Good luck.

PolarTwins55 said:
Describes me to a tee! No wonder I'm such a good pilot.:pimp:

Me too, and a lot of pilots I know. I went through the USAF Aviation Cadet program because I wanted to fly, not study for a degree. Later they ended the Cadet program (AF and Navy, too) and everybody had to be smart. Wonder how many great pilots the military lost.

What a great thread

I viewed every post! Very entertaining and enlightening. Lots of laughs too. One thing that wasn't touched on: to be a good pilot, one needs to remember that in a damn serious business, one doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Well done everyone.

Latest resources

Back