How I spent my 64th B'day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Today was my 64th. What did I do? I flew a C-47 from KYIP (where else) to I19 (Green County, OH). Took a bunch of Yankee Air Museum members to visit the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson. Flew with a P-3 Navy Reserve, VP-93, buddy of mine whose B’day was also today. What a great trip. On the way home we went VFR because there were TRW's enroute, and we have no radar so we stayed below the clouds and flew around the weather. No GPS, No FMS, just two VOR's and 2 NDB's, we were following railroads tracks, trying to read town names off of water towers, I was thinking gad this is just like E. Gann used to do and my buddy says to me, this is just like E. Gann. What a great way to spend your B'day.

Why, Yip! You old romantic, you!! :D

Happy birthday, and many more.

Like my Dad used to say, when asked "what do you want for your birthday", he would answer, "Another one!!"

Best wishes. :beer:

Hung

Low level VFR and "round motors" Best present you could have given yourself HBD "old timer"

You know what the best thing is..... even at 64 you still seem to have the enthusiasm of a guy that just landed from their intro flight. I hope I will be so lucky.

Sir, I would be lucky indeed to experience a similar thrill on my 64th, down the road. Thank you for giving me something to shoot for!

Can't think of a better way to spend any day, much less a birthday. Classic aircraft, low altitude VFR, great company. Hard to top.

happy B-Day buddy, I know what you mean every second I log in that Douglas is sheer joy for me.

Latest resources

Back