Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How I got hired at CAL, the good ole days....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilots don't demand much and don't mind flying up to 88 hours with regular junior manning.
Spirit management has also requested changes to the contract that directly jeopardize the quality of life, health, and safety of its pilots. For example, the company proposes that longevity be based on hours flown per year rather than years of service.
Can you imagine if they had this at CAL?! Seniority based on flight hours! Open time pickup would go through the roof. If you had a family and a life at all then every month you'd lose seniority. CAL could furlough another 200 pilots.

Bragging in ops would go from "look at my 108-hour line!" to "hey, I moved up two seniority numbers this month for bidding and pass privileges!"

Last edited:
True and if you didn't like it you could go elsewhere.

If you were a military pilot and sent a resume to CAL in mid 80 you will be given class dates to choose from without any interview.

It is a crappy place, that never attracted good people. Never cared to. Spineless pilots don't demand much and don't mind flying up to 88 hours with regular junior manning.

I take continental is not Mira Slovak's continental,all good things do come to an end.

Can you imagine if they had this at CAL?! Seniority based on flight hours! Open time pickup would go through the roof. If you had a family and a life at all then every month you'd lose seniority. CAL could furlough another 200 pilots.

Bragging in ops would go from "look at my 108-hour line!" to "hey, I moved up two seniority numbers this month for bidding and pass privileges!"

You do realize that seniority and longevity are not synonymous...?

You do realize that seniority and longevity are not synonymous...?
Thanks for the correction. But would that make any difference? If longevity were based on flight hours it would have the same effect. Open time pick up would still go through the roof. There are a lot of benefits based on longevity.

Latest resources

Back