Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
How difficult is it for a pilot to earn 45K/year, after taxes??? I don't care if it's flight instructing, frieght, airline, whatever...

Not too difficult if you don't mind driving a truck six days a week on the side...

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

I didn't make over 60K until I was DOO of a Lear operation with 12 airplanes. At the time I had 12K hours.

Depends so much on the industry. Corporate SICs in the Lear world make low wages but may make it to 45K. PICs make about 70K.

IPs in the big training centers make from 70K to 100K+

Flechas said:
And you are in because of the money?

Oh I know the money isn't there, just wanted to get a handle on how bad it really is. Right now I'm "in it" because it's a great deal of fun and provides some personal satisfaction. I guess it can remain an option for a career, if I ever get a degree. Right now I earn about 28K before taxes, which is pathetic. Anything I can do to change that is well worth it, even if it's flying for only a little more income in the future.

Flechas said:
Or is it the fame and the women?

You mean there are other benefits??? You mean if I'm not "in it" for money, I can be "in it" when it comes to women?????

UnAnswerd said:
You mean there are other benefits??? You mean if I'm not "in it" for money, I can be "in it" when it comes to women?????

If every pilot gets a woman or two extra because he is a pilot, well all I can say is someone took my share.

Latest resources

Back