• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

How hard???

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
How difficult is it for a pilot to earn 45K/year, after taxes??? I don't care if it's flight instructing, frieght, airline, whatever...

Vector4fun

Total Time
Not too difficult if you don't mind driving a truck six days a week on the side...

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Total Time
Matt's right

10 years. That's about it. Unless you are an ERAU grad then you are GOD!!

TurboS7

Total Time
I didn't make over 60K until I was DOO of a Lear operation with 12 airplanes. At the time I had 12K hours.

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
TurboS7 said:
I didn't make over 60K until I was DOO of a Lear operation with 12 airplanes. At the time I had 12K hours.

You guys must really love to fly.

jimpilot

Total Time
Depends so much on the industry. Corporate SICs in the Lear world make low wages but may make it to 45K. PICs make about 70K.

IPs in the big training centers make from 70K to 100K+

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
Flechas said:
And you are in because of the money?

Oh I know the money isn't there, just wanted to get a handle on how bad it really is. Right now I'm "in it" because it's a great deal of fun and provides some personal satisfaction. I guess it can remain an option for a career, if I ever get a degree. Right now I earn about 28K before taxes, which is pathetic. Anything I can do to change that is well worth it, even if it's flying for only a little more income in the future.

Flechas said:
Or is it the fame and the women?

You mean there are other benefits??? You mean if I'm not "in it" for money, I can be "in it" when it comes to women?????

jimpilot

Total Time
UnAnswerd said:
You mean there are other benefits??? You mean if I'm not "in it" for money, I can be "in it" when it comes to women?????

If every pilot gets a woman or two extra because he is a pilot, well all I can say is someone took my share.

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
jimpilot said:
If every pilot gets a woman or two extra because he is a pilot, well all I can say is someone took my share.

Haha, you have to file a pay claim. Or maybe she was part of the taxes....

SkyBoy1981

Bring a towel!
Total Time
Flechas said:
Haha, you have to file a pay claim. Or maybe she was part of the taxes....
Is she considered add pay or is she just put into the monthly line value?

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
SkyBoy1981 said:
Is she considered add pay or is she just put into the monthly line value?

Line value, it would have been add pay if the LOA would have passed..