Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How full are your airplanes? Why losses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Slightly off topic, but a statement was made about about ethics being a business school topic. There was a newspaper article that ran a couple of months ago that detailed the LACK of ethics in the curricula of American business schools. I forget the exact statistic, but less than half of the leading business schools require a course in business ethics as a part of a business degree.

Another popular business book in the 70's and 80's was titled, "Winning Through Intimidation". The author didn't advocate illegal/unethical behavior, only overkill with lawyers, etc, when doing real estate deals. Interesting reading.

Back on subject, If the market is in equilibrium, why is SWA expanding? They announced in the last couple of days that they were accelerating aircraft deliveries for this and next year.

regards,
8N

I'm an outsider so I can only observe the situation. I think what Wings stated seems to make logical sense. I also agree with TriDri the majors are all singing the same song in that they all claim they're financially broke. This is the same tune back in the 80's and early 90's. Most companies cannot sustain those kind of (alleged) losses over that long of time before they'd have to close shop. My skeptic side thinks it is a ploy to keep labor in check.
Can't speak for the total passenger count, but from what I see as a passenger and talking to other people who fly, they all say their flights are near capacity. Granted their tickets cost less than a few years ago.
As far as business ethics go, it seems now ethics are the exception rather than the rule. Corrupt leaders, whether it be business or government, seem to be the norm.

~~~^~~~.......or whatever you name is. I don't know where you get off accusing me of lying because I had the title of the book wrong. Starsailor was kind enough to correct me (I did not know I had every pilot at ASA counting on me to get the title correct). The book was how to lie with Statistics and it was required reading for my Statistics class.

~~~^~~~ its funny, when people ask me about the kind of people I get to fly with they often say..."it must be tough flying with the old crusty captains" the truth is it is much harder to fly with the young macho punks. We all know that you are king of everything you survey and must be one of the junior frustrated RJ captains forced to fly in the right seat (but still find a way to complain even though you are getting paid captain wages).

My guess is you never even finished college.:D

Thanks again Starsailor for correcting my OUTRAGEOUS MISTAKE!!!

Latest resources

Back