Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lurker

shocking
At World, company can DH us up to 18 hours in coach to any destination. After 18 hours, if agreeable to both parties, we can be put in business (almost never happens). Our contract says they have to get us an aisle seat if available, but if not, then tough luck....middle seat for up to 18 hours. There is a "banned list" of airlines we can't fly such as air china however.

I'm curious what other company policies are, particularly similar companies such as gemini, omni, ata, north american, polar, kalitta, etc., but info from any other companies would be appreciated.

I think I read once that some company out there has a provision that if they are DHing to Africa/India, they are required to have business.

Any info is appreciated. Many of us would like to get something better put in our contract the next go-round, so I'd like to know where we stand.

Thanks!!

Pretty much the same here at North American. Although we don't even have the provision for an aisle seat. Have been issued a middle seat even on flights that were less than full. Supposedly going to have some language in our TA that provides for a business class seat for duty days over 19 hours. But, that is never going to happen.
I believe we have a few airlines on the banned list, like aeroflot, but the company has been known to disregard even that if they are in a pinch.

ATI- no rules, no banned list. They'd have no problem sticking you in a center seat on Korean Airlines for 30 hours.

I feel your pain

When I was at World, there were 2 months where I spent more time in the middle seat in coach than I did in the cockpit of an MD11.

I hope you guys fix that. It was one of the reasons I left.

At least the overseas hotels were nice when you finally got there.

Good luck. :beer:

Astar is over 5.5 hours block you get business class or better. If they can't get it for you they give you $300 smackers.

Astar is over 5.5 hours block you get business class or better. If they can't get it for you they give you $300 smackers.

You forgot no connections unless there is no other way to do it due to duty day. ;)

Where would they have to airline you over 5.5 hours since DHL took away your international flying? I wonder how many of your guys would tell the company to give them the $300 and put them in coach if they ever did have to airline over 5.5 hrs?

Where would they have to airline you over 5.5 hours since DHL took away your international flying? I wonder how many of your guys would tell the company to give them the $300 and put them in coach if they ever did have to airline over 5.5 hrs?

1.DOD, and every once in awhile we still do a trip for DHL here and there.

2. Don't know about other guys, but I know I want the seat and free booze. I doubt any of our guys would take 300 over that.

Latest resources

Back