Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How does Virgin make a profit on $39 fare???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOOT! We made it to the majors board again!

I just love it when the bashers cry about VA on the majors board, but if anybody asks for interview gouge the "why is this on the majors board" comments fly.

I also love the "Branson is buying all the seats" theory. If so, he is also paying the airport bums to shuffle around the country. Unless he is going to some publicity party the man is tight with his bucks, so don't bet your rent on that theory.

From the third quarter press release load factor was 86.6%. I just checked our internal stats for the Christmas rush, and while I won't repeat them here, they were very high. I commute online and see the flight deck view much more than the cabin view lately.

Yes, the black shirts are goofy (but I love no tie) and we all need a raise, but we are hiring. Interview gouge available online :)

Charge $20.00 per bag. $8.00 per snack. $2.00 per pop. $5.00 per pillow and blanket......etc.etc.

Charge $20.00 per bag. $8.00 per snack. $2.00 per pop. $5.00 per pillow and blanket......etc.etc.

We all know that you can't believe everything you see on Al Gore's internet but it is another thing to spread lies. I implore you to be a little more accurate than this.

No charge for pop and the blanket is NEW! What a concept! AA has placards in their pax lines showing how much for the 1st-4th bags, but nothing bad is EVER said about them. We will continue to take the extra revenue the bag charge is generating...like everyone else in the industry...except SWA. It is quite funny how there are so many bashers and yet....most of you want a ride home! LOL Pretty sad.

Click...you will be eating your words in the next couple of years! We are only going to grow and continue to take the flying experience to the next level, but hey...hope you like where you work. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season out there... ;) and if you need a ride home, we are happy to help ya'll out! Even the AK guys...LOL

Last edited:
WOOT! We made it to the majors board again!

I just love it when the bashers cry about VA on the majors board, but if anybody asks for interview gouge the "why is this on the majors board" comments fly.

I also love the "Branson is buying all the seats" theory. If so, he is also paying the airport bums to shuffle around the country. Unless he is going to some publicity party the man is tight with his bucks, so don't bet your rent on that theory.

From the third quarter press release load factor was 86.6%. I just checked our internal stats for the Christmas rush, and while I won't repeat them here, they were very high. I commute online and see the flight deck view much more than the cabin view lately.

Yes, the black shirts are goofy (but I love no tie) and we all need a raise, but we are hiring. Interview gouge available online :)

Ralph i am just picking on you.......

No charge for pop and the blanket is NEW! What a concept! AA has placards in their pax lines showing how much for the 1st-4th bags, but nothing bad is EVER said about them. We will continue to take the extra revenue the bag charge is generating...like everyone else in the industry...except SWA. It is quite funny how there are so many bashers and yet....most of you want a ride home! LOL Pretty sad.

Click...you will be eating your words in the next couple of years! We are only going to grow and continue to take the flying experience to the next level, but hey...hope you like where you work. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season out there... ;) and if you need a ride home, we are happy to help ya'll out! Even the AK guys...LOL

Classic example why union carriers shouldn't subsidize non-union pilot groups like VA with free transportation when they don't pay their pilots enough to live near the base.

My idea is that as soon as a non union pilot group goes above 300 pilots, they have 3 years to organize and certify a pilot union. If not, every union carrier cancels their jumpseat agfreement with them.

Get a union or get lost.

Classic example why union carriers shouldn't subsidize non-union pilot groups like VA with free transportation when they don't pay their pilots enough to live near the base.

My idea is that as soon as a non union pilot group goes above 300 pilots, they have 3 years to organize and certify a pilot union. If not, every union carrier cancels their jumpseat agfreement with them.

Get a union or get lost.

Yeah. ALPA has done a helluva good job trying to bring the VA pilots on board... You know, what with siding with the DOT (with nothing more substantial than a Wall Street article supporting their position) in attempt to put those same pilots on the street (particularly since a vast majority were ALPA members for 10 years+). Nothing like a good kick in the nutz to make a person want to pay more dues.

Is it that f'n hard to offer support to any VA pilot efforts to organize, or is it that much easier to just sit on the sidelines and bitch?

Happy New Year.

S

Latest resources

Back