Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you spend your time waiting for pax at the FBO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get cranky if the FBO doesn't have at least a ratty PC with an internet connection. WiFi is a sort of minimum standard too, although there are plenty of places with neither. Was just at TRI yesterday, followed by RIC, no net access at either joint (Tri-Cities Aviation and Richmond Jet Center.) Annoying!

They all have internet access to the building. A wireless router ain't that expensive... come on folks.

I like to take a change of clothes and while the Captain is unloading all the bags and getting the pax squared away I change in the a/c. My outfit is as follows:

A triple sized custom made cowboy hat (about as big as a sombrero) with a gold US Marshall's star on the front.

A white sheer silk shirt stretched tightly over and accentuating my man titties and unbuttoned down to the knot where it is tied above my navel.

3 giant dubloons all attached to heavy gauge potrack extension hooks which are attached to heavy gauge chain in a variety of colors.

1 Giant Belt Buckle that says "Uvula's, they aren't just for breakfast anymore!'

White trousers that resemble leotards more than pants. So tight that I have to grease my legs, buttocks, and manly manhood to get them on.

Knee high patent leather pointy toe boots with little holsters with toy guns on the sides.

1 pair of red velvet gloves that go up to my elbows.

Finally I take a large handfull of Crisco and mash it into my hair combing it straight back in all directions and place a giant pair of alien eyeball sunglasses on and of course my first officer epaulets (double sized) are displayed proudly on my shoulders.

Then I swagger into the FBO and talk in my best "jet voice" with everyone who will listen. I say things like "affirmative" "tally ho" and if someone asks anything I can respond no to I always say "negative ghostrider."

The Captain always gets mad because I get all the attention and sometimes he pretends that we don't know each other. This seems especially true when military types come in. Yesterday some Navy pilots came in and I jumped up and saluted and cried "Welcome aboard mateys!" The Captain ran quickly out to the airplane. I think sometimes he is afraid of his "inner man." I will not be bullied into being a fuddy duddy by golly.

Hey Sky37d:

Your time kill link has been 'suspended'...Looks like it's back to harassing the desk girl.

Pilot_Ryan said:
followed by RIC, no net access at either joint (Tri-Cities Aviation and Richmond Jet Center.) Annoying!

Last time I was in the RJC (a couple months ago) they had a new desktop with internet in the pilots lounge. Did someone steal it already, or did mgmt. take it away 'cause the freight guys were looking at pRoN in the middle of the night?

Rumple ... I think I saw you in VRB last Thursday! :D

About killing time ...
I wish my boss was a golf nut, and that the pax stayed gone longer. :(

Minh

What waiting for passengers? If they're not there on time, away I go. A 'schedule's a schedule'. That's what they're saying when its a hurricane outside, or intense freezing rain, or zero/zero for 1000 miles.

B D King that sounds like a good idea. However have you seen the prices of homes in the area. The FBO manager just bought a 1500 sq ft house that is 40 yrs old. He paid 145k for it. Just for kicks he showed me around the area when he was looking for a place and told me the current prices. Man they are way high.

The main problem he had was bidding on a house then someone would over bid him by 5k with no inspection.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back