Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you spend your time waiting for pax at the FBO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sleep.....nothing else makes the time go by faster. Thank God I don't have to wait in FBO's anymore though.

I hang out at the FBO for a max of one hour, IF they have WiFi. Too many NJ crews griping about their contracts for me to hang out there in peace and quiet (sorry guys!).

Otherwise, I do my best shopping on trips. Phoenix, Scottsdale and San Francisco are my favs, with a lunch stop thrown in. This was alot easier when I was flying solely single pilot. For some reason my copilot doesn't like to go shopping. :)

If it's Vegas, I hang out at one of the hotel pools until about 2 hours before departure, then head back and clean up at the FBO.

If the sit is scheduled longer than 6 hours, I get a hotel room, take a nap and do the internet thing some more.

Well if there's time I sleep because you never know if that out-n-back will turn into a multiple leg, overnight trip. I bring my iPod and tune out. If I'm not in the sleeping mood, I'll go get lunch, or if there is a museum on the field I'll go check that out. There's a surprising number of aircraft museums around...or I'll surf the net if it's available....pay bills...sample the cookies and lemonade...read the paper....many big FBOs have work out centers, though I have yet to get that brave. Some FBOs have pool tables or an assortment of DVDs or Direct TV. It's rare anymore to find an FBO with nothing, not even a tv. I have seen a few, but they are rare. A good Barcalounger, my iPod and a few hours of sleep are all I need really. Being able to fall asleep anywhere is a skill that needs lots of practice and I need to keep current in category, class and type of recliner.... :D

pay golf, sleep, and dream about the day the LUV call's with a class date. Sometime's I call ex-girl freinds and try and hook up at the ol' trailer park.

na265 said:
Hanging around the FBO right now. We do employee shuttles 3 times a week to TIx. It depends on who I am flying with, but the days are like this. Sometimes I go to the YMCA and work out, stop at Subway and grab a bite to eat. Other days we go to Cracker Barrel and eat a late breakfast.

We are wheels up at 7am CT and arrive in Fl around 10am. Do our stuff in Fl and are whhels up 1600 ET and back in Houston by 1730 CT.

Leading the exciting life of a Corp pilot.
Where is TIx? If this is in Florida, and you are there three days a week, buy a rental property, even if it needs a bit of fixin up to do. For a few hours, three days a week, you can paint, weed, do whatever. Rent it, cause you can keep an eye on it..........On the coast, property is going up an average 3% a month.

BD King said:
Where is TIx? If this is in Florida, and you are there three days a week, buy a rental property, even if it needs a bit of fixin up to do. For a few hours, three days a week, you can paint, weed, do whatever. Rent it, cause you can keep an eye on it..........On the coast, property is going up an average 3% a month.

Titusville.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back