Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do I get my start in the Corporate World?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I asked this same question here in this forum and didn't get much answers back. My opinion, go work at an fbo or try to find yourself a line tech. job at corporate aviation company. Pay sucks, dumping lavs sucks, working in the elements can suck at times. But its a very good way of meeting people and you'll be working in the corporate aviation. If you do have some background in fbo work, PM me. my employer is looking for another line tech. GOOD LUCK!

dont do this

Fly with anybody that asks you to, dont bit$h, live off credit cards for a while and eventually something will break.

Not a smart idea. Being a low time pilot, you have many years until youll be able to pay off your debt. Most corporate positions will not pay much until you hit the 4000 TT 2000 ME 1000 jet mark. Most corporate flight departments fly 300-500 hours per year, so you are looking at 8-10 years until you are able to really pay down debt.

My advice to you is:

1) Dont get married until you have that time/income producing ability

2) Always live on what you make -- live like nobody wants to for a while so you can live like everyone wants to for the rest of your life. Its really not that difficult.. room with someone, dont eat out, focus on where you want to be.

3) 30,000 a year is not much money. Neither is 40.

4) If you spend your money on credit cards and run up debt now... 100,000 is not much money either. You are spending to cover your future increase. Ive seen friends budget themselves into crashpads indefinately.

5) Network in person. I dont know a single person who was offered a position that was the result of a mass mailing. Id rather hire the 1000 hour pilot whom I knew, than the 15000 hour pilot that threw resumes at me. Be personable, friendly and the rest falls into place.

If you looking for additional feedback you might consider going to that other website for "Pro"-fessional "Pilot"-s in the "World"...hint...hint.

Latest resources

Back