• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do I find a good corporate job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The corp. gig I'd have to move. I have three daughters and am divorced. So the ability to live near them may be worth more to me than cash. The corp gig has BBJ, G-IV and CL-65's

sounds like you don't really have a choice after all. as moving is not an option.

....if you didn't have to move too far and it was a P91, well managed, good bunch of guys, good company with long term prospects kind of place....then i would take the corp job. BUT, family first, job second.:)

Last edited:
Been away from my kids before and it sucks worse than anything has ever sucked.

Go with the kids. Your sanity will thank you.

another vote for the kids...thats what keeps me in the king airs. the jet guys can poke fun, but im home most every night except for 2-3 a month, while they are stuck on the other coast for 5 nights a week...regionals arent even an option for all of the afore mentioned reasons ;)

Superpilot92 said:
Plus i am still on probation so once i get a line i will have a lot better schedule.

HA HA...that 'ol trick. Don't fall for it. Give yourself a few years "greenie".

AZT

Whoaaa, wait a second. Good Corporate Gig + good pay + BBJ, G-IV, CL-65 (all large cabin class jets) = $40,000 to start, $70,000 as Captain?

No offense, but those are some of the worst pay rates for those classes of aircraft I have ever seen in my life. Am I missing something? Those aren't even CLOSE to NBAA numbers for those aircraft.

Should be closer to $60-75k for a starting F/O, $95-125k for Captain (both categories depending on region), plus benefits such as full medical, dental, 401k with a good employer match, vacation, and sick leave.

Wouldn't leave my regional job for anything less... which is probably why I'm still here. Sure as h*ll wouldn't take a pay CUT (from my $75k 5th year Regional Capt pay averaging 13 days of a month) to $40k for an F/O? On a Gulfstream?

There must be something I'm missing here...

Oh yeah, another vote for "stay with the kids". My wife was divorced with a 9 year old little girl and I wouldn't ask her to move for anything in the world unless it was to somewhere within an hour's or so drive - that just wouldn't be fair to either the little girl, her dad, or my wife having to drive back and forth. Plus, it'd be just like commuting if you were swapping kids every weekend over 200 miles or more of road.

Add my vote to the "kids". I dont even have kids yet, but with all the time I spend at home I can see the benefit.

I do agree with Lear70 though. NBAA publishes average pay brackets for equipment types. You should be paid somewhere close to those averages regardless of how good the lifestyle is.

Lear 70,

I believe the good pay was in reference to World Airways (last sentance of post 27). And the 45K and 70K are 1st and 2nd year f/o pay. 1st year Captain is around 115K.

inthewind,

Is this corporate job in CMH?

Latest resources

Back