• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How did you get to where you are now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe you should spend more time trying to fly and less time (you have more posts than hours) trying to convice us that you are (not 'your', there is a difference) so special. For so little time and so little experience, you've got a head that's way bigger than it should be.

Since you've got the regional thing figured out, why don't you skip directly to the Majors section of this board, I'm sure they'd love to entertain you as well.

Same goes for you my friend thank you for taking me so seriously. Makes me feel good that people today believe every bit of bull******************** they see on the internet.

My moms a nurse and my dads a fireman for Chicago so your joke about them working at Mcdonalds doesn't work. The funniest part is you honestly take me seriously about all this bull********************. You're the joke in itself. You sit here an take someone seriously on a forum. I laugh at you my friend for being so serious.
The joke is on you, I yank your chain because it's so easy. Take another loan out for that multi course, you are gonna need the training to be a good gear monkey.
PBR

Hey ALIMBO,

How'd you become an ATP overnight? :confused:

Weren't you just asking about where to acquire your MEL and MEI ratings?

It takes a lot of time, effort and skill to bring home the ATP. Don't cheapen it if you don't have it. Big sign of insecurity. I'd remove that promptly from your credentials if I were you.

Hey ALIMBO,

It takes a lot of time, effort and skill to bring home the ATP. Don't cheapen it if you don't have it. Big sign of insecurity. I'd remove that promptly from your credentials if I were you.

what ^^^ he said.

Hey ALIMBO,

Ya its a forum Amish you know I don't care. This place is a big joke.

This is for Alimbo, even though I suspect he is a windup, or perhaps as ignorant as he truly sounds.

First of all, if he is a paperboy, no need to knock him for working and earning some money while in school. Better than many aspiring pilots I have known.

I started flying 10 years ago. I was a biology major in college, in the pre-med program at my school. Due to the scholarship that I had, I was guaranteed a spot in med-school as long as I graduated my BS with a 3.0. After approximately one year in the program, I decided it wasn't for me. I grew up around aviation, and truly liked it, but had always been discouraged to pursue from my parents and others in the industry. I began researching the airlines and narrowed my list down to three ultimate choices. UPS, FedEx, and CX. I found an excellerated course 141 school (biggest mistake of my aviation carreer). Managed to make it through my commercial ticket in 6 months and for $18K. I then switched school and finished my commercial multi, cfi, cfii, and mei. I chose not to work for the second school I attended, but for another that my friend suggested in ORL. I taught here until just after Sep 11, making 10/hr and had to find all of my own students. First check was just over $100 for one month of work. Was basically starving, and then was lucky enough to get a job teaching for another program with a salary of $30K and benefits. Spent 2.5 years working there before getting a shot at a 135 job with around 1500 hours. Worked there for just under a year, and then was told by a friend that XJT was taking online applications. Managed to apply on the first day, was called for a phone interview the next day, and then was out for an interview only a couple of weeks later. Was in first newhire class after 911. Most fortunate break I had in aviation. Had approx 2300 hours at this time. Only had to spend 22 months as an FO, and then upgraded on the 145. I wanted to work at UPS and FedEx, but since that wasn't an option, I began applying at CX from the time I started at XJT. Was called for an initial interview in Oct 05, second interview in May 06. Studied endlessly for more than a year for these interviews. Was fortunate enough to be hired. Started in Oct 06 on the 744. Just about to upgrade to FO on the 777 or A330. I am extremely happy in my current job, and can't see myself going anywhere else. I have enjoyed all of my aviation jobs, and would not change anything, except for my initial flight school choice, and I would GET MY DEGREE. The only real regret I have. Not because I need it here, but for the accoplishment of finishing it.

My advice to you, if you truly want to do this for a career, is to first learn some humility. I felt the same way you did when I had 300 hours. I was wrong. Second, you have to be willing to get dirty in the early going. Don't pretend to be self-righteous. Do whatever you can to increase your experience, because that and networking are the only things that will get you the jobs that you want later. Third, try to remember why you got into this in the first place. This advice is not just for you, but for some others on this forum also. Work hard, make friends, and be humble. If you do this, then as bad as things can seem, some things will inevitably fall your way. Best of luck to you and the others.

box ;)

boxjockey great responce! I was a line guy for an FBO for three years after college to pay my way through flight training. I made more connections there busten my butt than any other job. Flight instructed for three years and now am a CA at a regional. After five years doing time at a regional, I am off to fly for one of the fractionals-and considering the job market right now, pretty excited about that!
But as a side note, after getting my heli add-on rating a year ago, I have some regrets not pursuing that gig 10 years ago-hmmm

Box excellent post I am in the same shoes as you sort of are. My posts are me just ********************ing around ask a few on the board that kno me personally and they will tell you that I am not the same person as I am on here. But thanks again for your post as to how you made it here.

You're right ALIMBO. You project a false front to everyone you meet in person. The way you really think and the person you truly are is known by how you post on an anonymous message board. Here's to hoping you can get my order right the next time I visit (insert fast food restaurant of choice). No, I don't want fries with that.

P.S. Good choice on "turning down" Great Lakes. You never would have made it through training.

Latest resources

Back