Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How did the ATL CPO go from wise to rookie in less than 1 year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and the main reason i disagree is because i have seen these new guys fight for us. I found the old guys too often said - nothing will change. i have personally seen these guys question scheduling and they know the airplane better than fl or rc ever did. again, age isnt wisdom.

I have no complaints about any of the current guys, and certainly see extreme gains over some we've had in the past. My only agitation on the issue is that I think there is wisdom in age and that some of the older guys who were not there to move up the ladder displayed that wisdom time and time again, and were invaluable to the pilot group. There are plenty of occasions when our senior chief pilots have told scheduling or other departments to stick it. Someone who is wanting to move up the ladder is never going to be this decisive in our defense.

Fred and Robert were just the perfect guys to go to imho.

So, by your logic you should resign as a captain and give your seat to one of the many older first officers? After all, there is wisdom in age.

And by the way, no matter who they put in the office, they will still report to SH and will run things how he wants it done. If they tell SH to stick it one too many times they're gone (just ask the one that was fired a few months ago).

Benn out of the loop for a while. Who si this Cash you're talking about? Is it the instructor pilot who's been in the training dept for a while? Thats the only Cash I know. If so, then IMO he's a good choice. Very knowledgable about aviation and the CRJ. Now as for a CP, who knows? You never know about anyone until they get in the job. I know some of you younger guys/gals think anyone over 40 with a few gray hairs, is probably senile, out of touch with the real world and should be put out to pasture. But you might just be surprised. Some of us older guys might actually know a few things.

Cash is really cool cat. Been in the training dept for a while now, but a really fair guy. I would hope he remembers what its like on the line everyday. I think that is something some of the "older" CPs forgot.

Cash is really cool cat. Been in the training dept for a while now, but a really fair guy. I would hope he remembers what its like on the line everyday. I think that is something some of the "older" CPs forgot.

Speaking of flying the line. Other than as a new hire, has Brad S. ever flown the line on a regular basis? All I remember for the last several years, he was always at the GO in some type of "cubicle" position until he came to the CP office.

I read the email thinking that Mr Cash was our new CP. I have always respected him and thought this was a good move being that he brings a great deal of wisdom to the office. Unfortunately I misread the announcement and soon realized that Mr Cash is just an assistant.

With all of the top notch old guys who have been around the block, why did they go with a rookie who has little experience?

Brad is a nice guy, but I would much prefer someone who carries some wisdom to fill that vacancy.

It's all about $$$$$$ and having someone who will march to the beat of S.H.'s directions--experience has nothing to do with it. The more junior--the cheaper the cost.

Is Doug Helms still flying there at ASA,,He was a kick a$$ dude,,Anduzi was not bad either,,just never be on his bad side..lol..

Yes, the "Commander" is still flying. Number 1 on the senority list. Good guy. Anduze is retired.

Speaking of flying the line. Other than as a new hire, has Brad S. ever flown the line on a regular basis? All I remember for the last several years, he was always at the GO in some type of "cubicle" position until he came to the CP office.

I guess that is the main issue I have with BS. The guy was an instructor for a long time-he was one of those F.O. instructors-I think he may have been hired directly into the training department. AS far as I know, he has never floen the line for any significant time.

Now-I do know more about other guys who were F.O. instructors (remember them?) Those other guys are losers and arrogant retards without exception. I guess I may be guilty of transposing my bad feelings about those guys over to BS. Maybe he is the exception-I really hope so.

-If anyone knows any of the F.O. systems instructors who did NOT turn out to be a-holes, let me know. I am thinking specifically of guys like EC an BO-who have horrible reps as instructors.

I've been here 20 years, and I think BS is one of the best CPs we've had. He's always taken care of things I brought up (or caused lol). He always replies back via email when I go that route. Concerning his flying the line and being ambitious in the management chain, so what. Someone has to go that route, and BS doing that is not a problem for me. As far as the new selection, RC, I think he'll be a fine addition to the CP office. Always been a top IP, and as has been mentioned, alot of experience. I'll miss BD & Col RC as CPs though.

Hoser
Roll Tide!

What he said.

I second Hoser's remarks. I've dealt with BS several times and he seems to err on the side of what's right, not who's right. I think he'll do well in his new role.
AT

Latest resources

Back