Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How can you determine if a route is beyond VHF coverage?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is your Ramp Operations is out of VHF coverage?

If you find no response on VHF and you want a response on VHF, you can try the techniques posted on this board or if that does not work - just make an incorrect call on 121.5 and after one of the three dozen guard police pilots get done responding with "helpful suggestions" see if any stick around to relay a message for you.

A variation of the same technique works with operations frequencies. Key the mike and say something about "free pizza" or "free booze from a charter flight in the schmalfrtizchscratch-bbreak-oom" The instant they call back to enquire about the "free pizza" you hit them with the request for ground power, a lav dump, potable water service and second call for wheelchairs.

Works like rining a bell I tell ya!

Sometimes it pays to think like a ramper. Back when I worked at a smaller airline, we could even gossip over the hot mike "I think our blond flight attendant kind of has the hots for that ramper with the silver sunglasses" knowing the ramper could hear us during the push. Guess who's airplane would get parked first on the go-home leg?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back