Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How can we make clean-green airplanes that travel as fast as typical passenger jets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All a personal choice. Isn’t that the mantra of the pro abortion folks? Irresponsible sex and kill a baby for convenience. That’s killing people and provides for the greatest reduction in population aside from world war. Both undesirable from my perspective. You think new options to facilitate your population reduction won’t come along, like corona?

BTW, how did this devolve from your original question about greener aircraft? I gave you a viable solution available and becoming more widespread today yet like the alarmists, nothing positive is ever acknowledged. Or are you just a troll stirring up the pot? At best you are a very naive individual with very little real world experience.

A break in the deafening silence. BANG! BANG! BANG!

As for "how did this devolve from your original question about greener aircraft?", belchfire way up above got me started with the population issue:
as in his "there is no way to feed the population of the planet".

Overpopulation is another of my big ecological pet peeves besides pollution and the world energy crisis. My thread has much to do with the ecology and the environment as it questions how to make airplanes go fast when the world runs out of gas.

As for "At best you are a very naive individual with very little real world experience.", I do personally happen to know the world is much too crowded for my own individual comfort.

So, what are we really going to do when the world runs out of gas? Animals will pull wagons again. Back to horses.
Back to oxen and camels. Back to sailing ships. Forget about fast airplanes maybe.

For ‘your own individual comfort’. Very scientific. The US has 332 million residents while the world is at 7.9 billion. Even if we sterilized every human in our nation it would have minimal impact on world population. Let me give you a hint where the bulk of the population lives. China and India. How do you propose we force them to cut back on their reproductive practices? Once again, idealism vs realism. A concept many have difficulty grasping.

For ‘your own individual comfort’. Very scientific. The US has 332 million residents while the world is at 7.9 billion. Even if we sterilized every human in our nation it would have minimal impact on world population. Let me give you a hint where the bulk of the population lives. China and India. How do you propose we force them to cut back on their reproductive practices? Once again, idealism vs realism. A concept many have difficulty grasping.
You can force other countries to do things to bend toward your will by imposing sanctions, boycotts, tariffs on imports or embargos. In America, we can have tougher immigration reform and border control. We can impose severe taxes on households that reproduce more than two children. We can give tax credits to households that adopt children in need of homes. We can give tax credits to adults who engage in sterilization as vasectomy and tube ligation.

Did you know that dog owners all across America are getting punished with much higher city license fees for having unsterilized dogs? In Lawton, Oklahoma it's $50/year for an unsterilized dog and only $10/year for a sterilized one? Is it any wonder why many people like to live in unincorporated areas?

The People's Republic of Covid recently lifted their one child per couple dictate to two children per couple. Since those people plan hundreds of years in advance I suspect personally that they are expecting the need for increased replacement rates because they are planning military options in the next 15-20 years...

I could be guessing wrong but I believe they protest too much that they do not have expansionist goals while they build military islands off their coastline and increasingly threaten Philippine and Japanese territories and the Republic of China...

Apparently you missed the main point of Doctor Kaku's predictions.

There will be no other intelligent life rising on Earth (or it is as doomed to extinction as we are) because the planet's days are numbered as surely as the supply of fossil fuels!

The People's Republic of Covid recently lifted their one child per couple dictate to two children per couple. Since those people plan hundreds of years in advance I suspect personally that they are expecting the need for increased replacement rates because they are planning military options in the next 15-20 years...

I could be guessing wrong but I believe they protest too much that they do not have expansionist goals while they build military islands off their coastline and increasingly threaten Philippine and Japanese territories and the Republic of China...

Apparently you missed the main point of Doctor Kaku's predictions.

There will be no other intelligent life rising on Earth (or it is as doomed to extinction as we are) because the planet's days are numbered as surely as the supply of fossil fuels!

Sounds like a nuke holocaust is in the works. I really don't know Doctor Cuckoo or whatever I missed. I might be dead before all this happens anyway. What do the dead care about anything? In the end, Mother Nature and Father Time have everything planned for all of eternity. Where will my soul be reincarnated when this planet is destroyed? Ask that mad lady in white on 1970's Chiffon margarine commercials who got fooled in a very not-nice fashion. Ask yourself also why Mother Nature is wearing clothing since naked is natural.

Last edited:
mother nature and father time...and naked is natural-

are you a wiccan or a druid?

Tell ya what-I know this lovely little village in Alaska, be happy to drop you off naked on a nice balmy February day!

:ROFLMAO:

That's the problem with PITA specifically and overly broad characterizations in general-they don't work out well in the real world and only fools try to apply what might work in the LA basin for outerwear-or the lack thereof-to the rest of humanity!

Again with the law of unintended consequences-in other words every time Homo Sapiens tries to fix a problem no less than two more are created.

What landfill are all those burned out Prius batteries going into? Oh, I know, they get "recycled"...and the waste byproducts from those kind of reclamation processes, well, not good...

WRT "green aircraft" so far we have the Solar Impulse (about a year and a half to get around the world) for manned vehicles and a handful of UAV's that are doing some interesting research. Nothing fast yet and nothing that can carry a meaningful payload.

As for increasing payload to a useful level there is something that makes sense...it won't be fast but if you use a lifting gas to bear the weight and can concentrate the solar component on propulsion it would be a heck of a lot faster than a sail boat! Just the size required to get the 8 million cubic feet of gas volume (16 million would be better) to lift a practical load would make for adequate surface area for gathering solar energy.

Last edited:
PITA?

It seems like man never had a fossil fuel problem BEFORE the automobile, but wait, what did steam engines run on, just water? Before man dies out, horses and wooden sailing ships may be in fashion again someday. Acts of nature certainly will slow down man's activity and reduce his numbers considerably before he dies out altogether. Things like COVID are nature's balancing act in action.

Man has bad actions: nature has equal and opposite reactions.

Covid-19? YGBFSM! Are you one of those true believers who think this bug is something like Smallpox, Polio or the Bubonic Plague?

Gimme a break! Show me one city where there weren't enough people left alive by Covid to bury the dead...just one. We are being played by a bunch of power greedy politicians trying to increase our dependence on their "beneficence"!

Tell me one person in North America who was Covid positive who's death was attributed to some other cause...

(hint, there is one, and only one that I know of)

(Insert Jeopardy theme)

Ya give up?

I'll answer at the bottom of the page...

Covid-19 isn't even a blip on the population explosion radar-not even a one year setback...sheesh, get a grip.

Steam engines have run on several things-anything that will burn...wood-which is renewable at a certain rate, coal, oil and in Egypt, in a pinch at least one steam locomotive was fueled by mummies!

:eek:

And the first Diesel engines ran on peanut oil...and they still can-at least the ones that aren't all fracked up by computer controls that is!

Acts of nature-you need to expand your horizons. Acts of the UNIVERSE! It's a cosmic shooting gallery! The only thing that remotely protects our frail existence (which ultimately matters not in humanistic terms) is that it is a big universe and a lot of opportunities to miss. Asteroids and comets are threats that come from within our own solar system...from outside there is a whole pantheon of lethal things from that big rock Amua Amua to rogue planets, rogue stars, rogue black holes, gamma ray bursts, any number of nearby stars that could, depending on their failure mode would vaporize us without warning, our own sun (yeah, global warming will happen when our own sun fails for sure!) and God only knows what I've left out...

Heck, one good batch of tsunamis would solve the population issue-about 75% of the population lives in coastal plains. Us meek Highlanders may well inherit the Earth after all!

I do know of a really pretty airplane...

She's pretty clean as Pratt Power goes, not really green (she really wants that old purple 115/145 fuel) but she's keeping her figure to an advanced age and that's really sexy!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://img00.deviantart.net/38a4/i/2017/011/d/7/dream_girl_by_rlkitterman-dav1u70.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Oh yeah, the answer...

George Floyd!

Last edited:
Nature and Time are in control of the entire universe indeed, not some bearded old fart in the clouds. I do believe in the natural immortal soul and I do believe in reincarnation. The soul will always find a new living physical body (human or otherwise) on some astronomical object (Earth or otherwise) to possess one physical life after another. I may have been a Klingon once and may be a dog the next for all I know.

Latest resources

Back