• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How big will NJ get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fleet size is forecast to grow from 432 aircraft at at the end of 2007 to 484 aircraft by the end of 2008. Say what you want about NJA's growth, but the facts are that we are still taking deliveries of a lot more planes than we are selling. The true facts are all right there for anyone at NJA (kool-aid drinker or not) to see in the fleet plan document. And that fleet plan document does NOT include the NJI Gulfstreams, EJM, or Netjets Europe.

ok, that shows growth, how do you KNOW they we are getting more then we are selling? How does that prove we don't have enough demand right now?

Despite your ridiculously poor proofreading skills of your own post, I think I was able to interpret what you said.

At the end of the day, it's still a business, and NJA wouldn't be getting the airplane deliveries if they weren't sure the demand was there. I'm thinking at this point that Santulli and company have earned the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

sory i is just a por dum publik edukated pile-it and aint got thos fancie proof reedin' skills of a english major
:rolleyes:

I believe there is a video of RTS out there on youtube? websites? that has him at one of the hanger meetings about 6 months back. He stated that he wants to see NJ grow to 1000 airplanes and 5000 pilots. Then, they will stay at those levels. This way a waiting list may be the only way to get in. Creates a demand and an appeal according to him. Sorry, I do not have the time line or the date he said this but, I am sure other NJ guys out there heard this. If not, it was a great dream.

sorry, my previously mentioned terrible proofreading skills has caused some confusion. Someone said something about us not selling all the airplanes we have, my question is how would we know that? I was saying that we are growing, and why would RTS do that if he couldn't/hasn't sold those planes?

On that one I am not sure we would know. I know they re-sell planes and owners all the time. How they do it is not clear. I knwo they are always giving planes new registrations as they add and take off owners. It is most likely like leasing a car...what can the owner afford? what do they want out of the plane? etc... I am sure NJ has many sales packages. Growth can take many different forms but, I know that RTS would like to see this NJ as the largest, most saught after fractional in the world. They are already there in numbers but, with new entrants like XO Jet, NJ will have to make the services and extras better and better.

Yeah, I guess we also drink the koolaid when we are told we have turned away owners because we don't have the lift to support them...

Obviously!

So do you prefer grape, orange or lemon-lime koolaid?
:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back