• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How are TDY assignments handled at....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was over guarantee in FEB. In fact my whole tdy was over. Just one of the lucky ones I guess. Dont underestimate the bucket credits either. Its the only QOL we have.

SH said this afternoon that we are to be paid min day with full per diem. All pay will be credited retroactively. All future tdy assignments will be offered on a voluntary basis. So if ya want it ...........f'ing take it.

Last edited:
I was over guarantee in FEB. In fact my whole tdy was over. Just one of the lucky ones I guess. Dont underestimate the bucket credits either. Its the only QOL we have.

SH said this afternoon that we are to be paid min day with full per diem. All pay will be credited retroactively. All future tdy assignments will be offered on a voluntary basis. So if ya want it ...........f'ing take it.

Where did he say that? I didn't see an e-mail.

I hope you are right but I just talked to CM from the union and he hadn't heard anything like that yet. Was going to meet with the company tomorrow or the next day to discuss all this mess.

All reserves at ASA, or anywhere for that matter, are paid a guarantee of 75 hrs. They also get 11 days off. So for a typical month they are expected to be on-call for 20 days. 75 divided by 20 equals 3.75 hrs. Are any of you getting a check for less than 75 hrs each month? Are any of you getting less than min days off? Then, how can you draw the conclusion that you are not getting paid for your duty?

Seriously? While your sitting up there in DC, go visit the Holocaust Museum. It might just change your perspective.

All reserves at ASA, or anywhere for that matter, are paid a guarantee of 75 hrs. They also get 11 days off. So for a typical month they are expected to be on-call for 20 days. 75 divided by 20 equals 3.75 hrs. Are any of you getting a check for less than 75 hrs each month? Are any of you getting less than min days off? Then, how can you draw the conclusion that you are not getting paid for your duty?

Seriously? While your sitting up there in DC, go visit the Holocaust Museum. It might just change your perspective.

YOU are not getting it. We are NOT being credited with the 3.75 min day while up here. We are actually not even being credited with the min day on the deadhead days that we work. On reserve it is not all about money. Those credits move you around in the bucket and that is a HUGE thing to quality of life on reserve.
Oh BTW while we "sit here" in DC we still have a 2 hr call out to get to duty in and no transportation. So getting anywhere isn't much of an option.

Clueless Moron, go back to your 90hr 3-day line and don't worry about those at the bottom fighting for scraps working 20 days a month for per diem.

Sorry. Not how it works! That logic only works if you don't fly at all for the month, yet get paid the 75 hrs.

By your logic, if I fly 10 hrs of block for the month, I would get paid 85 hrs for the month, since I was credited for those 3.75 hrs each day of reserve. But guess what, you dont. Ergo, you are not getting the 3.75 credit for every day of reserve. This is why a guy who is pulled out onto the road away from home to a hotel in DC feels he should be credited something for those days at work, away from home.

It's only a domicile change if it's for the whole month and then it's called a temporary position. That has to be put up for bid and those awarded them are given the opportunity to bid for lines in the temporary domicile.

A TDY is for less than one month and per diem is paid per sec 5A and the pilot can only be assigned a TDY one time per month.

It's all in sec 24. Whether the company will comply is a different story. Just like not paying the full 4.0 or per diem for IAD pilots attending new base training in ATL.

It's always so nice to see these sort of comments from folks typically with but a fraction of the time I've done on reserve...if any at all.

It would have been great to have gone to a museum (or do anything at all including seeing local relatives) while "sitting" here for six days in IAD. Got my first trip but moments after stepping off the deadhead flight. Just finished my second day in a row of ready reserve. Scheduling wouldn't release me a few minutes early even though there was no RR FO or FA on duty, and all remaining flights tonight are naps which I couldn't do anyway. Several other "TDY" crew I've flown with or met here were short called for the five or six day IAD stint. For tomorrow, day six, only if four legs go flawlessly will I make my deadhead back, the last flight of the night to ATL. So far here nothing has gone remotely close to flawlessly.

For reserve pilots, credit means many things but rarely is a factor pay-wise. The proper credit is still not showing on my eTrip even for the deadheads. This will be a major factor for my position in the bucket list for the balance of the month, not for pay. I haven't gone overblock on reserve since early 2008.

Latest resources

Back