How about this theory...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deto-

Maybe I was unclear. The inadequate training I was referring to was that, to my knowledge, PCL crews were never given high alt training that would have made them aware of slow speeds in the CRJ. Or for that matter, swept wings in general. At ASA, I was given several hours of ground school in just this subject. After one of our crews stalled out at 370 or 390, the training folks decided to teach us not to ever go below .70. Was the crew of 3701 ever taught this? I ask this question not rhetorically, but truely because I don't know the answer.

Again, the 3701 crash had little to do with a low time FO.

how about min rest over nights? Circadian swaps? will that ever get the attention of insurance companies? I think not. We in the 121 world do not put enough bodies on the ground for anyone to change the way we hire or schedule.

DrunkIrishman said:
After one of our crews stalled out at 370 or 390, the training folks decided to teach us not to ever go below .70. Was the crew of 3701 ever taught this? I ask this question not rhetorically, but truely because I don't know the answer.

That's correct, we were never trained on any high-alt aerodynamics. As far as I'm concerned, what they teach now still doesn't cover enough. Pinnacle's training program is lacking at best.

Latest resources

Back