Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How about a section for guys getting OUT of aviation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the speech. Its hard to know that I might be leaving everything Ive worked hard to accomplish thus far but I have a weird feeling that I just opened my eyes to a whole lot more opportunities. I thought flying was the end all to be all but Im starting to change my mind. Should be interesting ride.

Good for you, Gringo. I thought there was no escape from 36th Street.

Update from Snowman64

I was looking at getting out of aviation altogether last fall, but I was also keeping my eyes open for other aviation jobs. I was an Army helo pilot in a past life and never really thought I would go back to choppers but I found two jobs in one day and received offers from both outfits.

I took the "lower" paying job because of the cost of living and the quality of life. I say "lower" because I still got a 46% pay raise from my regional airline FO pay. For all of you ex-helo guys who are getting fed up with the airline business (been there done that-got the t-shirt) you owe it to yourself to take a look at the helo world again.

There is a lot of growth in the helo business (fractional, ems, powerline, etc) and there seems to be a tight supply of qualified pilots. There are jobs all over the country. Check out this website for starters:

www.cjsystemsaviation.com

Helo jobs

There is a lot of growth in the helo business (fractional, ems, powerline, etc) and there seems to be a tight supply of qualified pilots. There are jobs all over the country.

And it's only getting better, IMHO with the Viet Nam vets retiring. That shortage is beginning to be reflected in improvements in pay and benefits. Great time to get back in the industry.

Congrats on the new job, Snow. Sent you a pm.

how's everyone on this thread doing? Two years later, and i'm still flailing around!! I did finally enroll in school though.........with all that's happened in the industry, there has got to be more people that has left the industry. Where you at?

After Election!!

If the Nov.election goes the wrong way,such as a Sen.from Ill.winning,then there are going to be alot of pilots.maint.techs,and others trying to find non-aviation employment!!!

Latest resources

Back