• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Houston Mayor OK's Hobby International for SW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Real fine bunch of people over there at Southwest. Maybe the mayor would like to go to the unemployment office and lead some SWA employees' cheering for that?

That's a good point, because I'm sure the Unical folks wouldn't have cheered if the vote had gone the other way. :confused:

Bubba

Wow, six pages of arguing with a frustrated Continental idiot. Why did I bother to even click on the thread. Oh, and I cant forget the Delto Dorks who want to get in on any SWA thread out there, thanks for your contribution to this mess.

:puke:

I don't think Flop's an idiot; I just think he was wrong in this case. But I don't blame him for carrying his company's tune, no matter what I thought of it. And to his credit, he was pretty much on this thread by himself against essentially everyone else.

It's over now. And like I said before, in the end, I don't think Unical will be hurt by this, other than with leisure competition to a few Latin America locations. I think their CEO had to posture to try to make his point, and that's what happened. If he's REALLY gonna' cut 10% of his IAH international operation (we'll have to wait and see), he probably was going to do it anyway and is just using this as an excuse.

Bubba

I agree Bubba. I will go on the record as saying that I think this was the wrong thing to do for the city of Houston long term. I don't care if it is SWA, DAL, AMR, or whomever doing the flying out of HOU. Having a split international hub city is not smart for Houston. I am embarrassed by my companies quick response. I understand their frustration however expecting your rank and file to go to hearing after hearing that you don't even show up for speaks volumes about your leadership style. I look forward to asking Jeff personally why neither he nor any flight operations leadership( the org chart I fall under) bothered to show up downtown for a single hearing.

IAHERJ

I don't think Flop's an idiot; I just think he was wrong in this case. But I don't blame him for carrying his company's tune, no matter what I thought of it. And to his credit, he was pretty much on this thread by himself against essentially everyone else.

It's over now. And like I said before, in the end, I don't think Unical will be hurt by this, other than with leisure competition to a few Latin America locations. I think their CEO had to posture to try to make his point, and that's what happened. If he's REALLY gonna' cut 10% of his IAH international operation (we'll have to wait and see), he probably was going to do it anyway and is just using this as an excuse.

Bubba

Well, that's pretty nice of you Bubba. In all seriousness, I hate what Jeff has done to this company. And I hate to sound like I'm carrying his tune. I'm not really. I am not happy about what he is going to do to the last group of CAL people who thought they had dodged all the bullets and would not have to leave Houston. It would be nice if SWA would offer something to these people? Can you forward that notion to someone?

Well, that's pretty nice of you Bubba. In all seriousness, I hate what Jeff has done to this company. And I hate to sound like I'm carrying his tune. I'm not really. I am not happy about what he is going to do to the last group of CAL people who thought they had dodged all the bullets and would not have to leave Houston. It would be nice if SWA would offer something to these people? Can you forward that notion to someone?

I suspect someone else has already thought of this, but I will make that suggestion to the company right now. I've gotta' get on SWALife and figure out what I'm doing this weekend anyway. I think that would be a fantastic showing of good will.

Bubba

That would really be a good thing Bubba... You can't imagine the relief these folks would feel. Thank you.

Latest resources

Back