Houston Hobby ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

4day

Looks like I will be moving west and looking at Houston. Is there a predominant area SW guys live in on the south side of Houston? I know of Kingwood by IAH and The Woodlands but was wonder of other options on the south side. Non hostile insight would be greatly appreciated.

Friendswood and Pearland are some areas closer to Hobby. Many pilots do live in Kingwood, Spring, The Woodlands, but those are to the north. Out west you have Katy, Cinco Ranch area.

If you have kiddos a research on school districts is a must.

I do have kids. Schools are important, just only know of the north side areas. The Woodlands are top of the list but comes with a little drive. Will look at the others though.

Houston is not "west" it's 3-4 hours east of "west"
:)
Good luck with your move- H is a good town

I grew up in Houston and the memorial villages area has some of the best schools in the nation. It's probably the nicest part of Houston that middle-class families can afford. The houses are older but are all remolded and well maintained. The Neighborhoods are the safest in town and are well established. You can buy houses with big back and front yards that have a large tree canopy with 80 year old oaks.

The area I'm talking about when you're looking at a map is East of Beltway 8, south of I-10, north of Westheimer Road and west of the Loop 610.

This is the street I grew up on.
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...911!4f13.1!4m2!3d29.758158!4d-95.543415&fid=5

It takes about 30 mins to get to Hobby.

The thing about Hobby is that it's not in the best area of town. Clear lake is probably the closest nice area to hobby but there isn't much going on out there and the air isn't the cleanest since you're near all the refineries.

If my suggested area isn't to your liking there are other areas I can suggest. How much are you looking to spend for a home?

Last edited:
Looks like I will be moving west and looking at Houston. Is there a predominant area SW guys live in on the south side of Houston? I know of Kingwood by IAH and The Woodlands but was wonder of other options on the south side. Non hostile insight would be greatly appreciated.

River Oaks and Galveston

If you look closely, I think that you
will find that Houston is west of
Atlanta.

I suspect that he was talking about the entire world that is Texas. As in, "it's like a whole other country."

"Y'all from east Texas, son?"

Bubba

If I had it to do again, I would look in Brenham. I'm sick of the Woodlands where all the teenagers drive a better car than I do!

Bugs

Latest resources

Back