• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Houston Hobby ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I had it to do again, I would look in Brenham. I'm sick of the Woodlands where all the teenagers drive a better car than I do!

Bugs

You know, your kids will be shunned without that BMW

Drives me insane if I thought it was any of my business. People talk about entitlement- I've never seen entitlement as big as from a teen in an upper-middle class suburban area. So annoying how little these kids know about the world.

What's amazing is how hard some parents work to give that stuff to them-

No humility. No lessons in working hard and earning something for themself. No delayed gratification. Just 'Jenny got fake boobs and a Lexus on her 16th birthday! I NEED IT TOO!'

I don't blame the kid for wanting - it's parent's actually giving it to them...that goes in the wow category.

(Btw- I hope I can gift my kid college and a nice car starting out- but they will have earned it by then if I do.)

I live in Brenham. You can sit reserve here but you need to be ready to go. 1.5 hours to lounge under most circumstances. Great community great schools.

I live in Brenham. You can sit reserve here but you need to be ready to go. 1.5 hours to lounge under most circumstances. Great community great schools.

It took me awhile to get the timeline down, but going on year 7 of on and off Reserve, I've learned Sec 8 well. If they call you under 3 hours, you are authorized close in parking (make sure it is annotated in the comments). You only need to be at the lounge in 2 hours. It's an hour and a half drive to parking for me and I allow a half hour to the lounge. Under 3 hours and I can be in the lounge at about an hour and forty minutes due to close in parking. You should be able to sit Reserve comfortably as long as under normal conditions you can be in the lounge two hours after callout. You can also legally check in for your assignment with scheduling by phone as long you are "at the airport". That can gain some time from getting to a computer. An hour and a half to the lounge is more than adequate. I probably wouldn't even be shaved with that much time!

Latest resources

Back