Houston area 91 flight departments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fisherpilot

I now now is not the best time, but I am considering making a move to Houston to be closer to family. What 91 multi aircraft operators are in the area? I'll do a search on here, but figured posting a question couldn't hurt. I'm pretty sure that no one is hiring in the area due to the economic downturn, but thought I'd contact some flight departments and introduce myself.

Thanks in advance

FP

Oil.

Obviously lots of oil and oil related companies at IAH, HOU, SGR, etc. Local FBOs are a good source of info.

i live here right now, and it's awful. NOBODY is hiring. not even the crappy 135 companies. hopefully things will get better soon, but who knows.

i live here right now, and it's awful. NOBODY is hiring. not even the crappy 135 companies. hopefully things will get better soon, but who knows.

I know what you mean...I feel lucky to even have a job, especially a pretty decent one. Hopefully this thing will turn around soon for all of us. Thanks for the replies

It is kind of tough to get a corporate job in Houston from the outside. Many of the companies tend to be quite insular in their hiring. It's who you know, who you know and who you know.

LOL it's that way everywhere. Somebody's golfing buddy, nephew, brother, etc always gets the job. Qualifications don't matter at all.

It is kind of tough to get a corporate job in Houston from the outside. Many of the companies tend to be quite insular in their hiring. It's who you know, who you know and who you know.

I agree 100%.... that's definitely what I have against me. I don't know anyone from the area that is in the corporate world.

It really helps to know someone in the department you want to work for. But we had one guy who showed up, asked for the chief pilot and introduced himself. It actually worked, but he did have a second hand rec from a friend of a friend. I didn't know know anyone in our department and was not typed in any of aircraft, but I had very specific experience for a secondary job they were looking for. So it possible to get hired in Houston without the brother in law handshake. However, I don't know of any hiring at IAH right now or in the near future. Sorry.

I live in Houston and had 0 luck job hunting there for 6 months and finally had to go find employment elsewhere. Commuting Sucks....but it beats Obama handouts...

Latest resources

Back