Houston area 91 flight departments

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
I now now is not the best time, but I am considering making a move to Houston to be closer to family. What 91 multi aircraft operators are in the area? I'll do a search on here, but figured posting a question couldn't hurt. I'm pretty sure that no one is hiring in the area due to the economic downturn, but thought I'd contact some flight departments and introduce myself.

Thanks in advance

FP

snow-back

Total Time
Oil.

Obviously lots of oil and oil related companies at IAH, HOU, SGR, etc. Local FBOs are a good source of info.

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
i live here right now, and it's awful. NOBODY is hiring. not even the crappy 135 companies. hopefully things will get better soon, but who knows.

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
i live here right now, and it's awful. NOBODY is hiring. not even the crappy 135 companies. hopefully things will get better soon, but who knows.
I know what you mean...I feel lucky to even have a job, especially a pretty decent one. Hopefully this thing will turn around soon for all of us. Thanks for the replies

Rick1128

Total Time
22000+
It is kind of tough to get a corporate job in Houston from the outside. Many of the companies tend to be quite insular in their hiring. It's who you know, who you know and who you know.

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
LOL it's that way everywhere. Somebody's golfing buddy, nephew, brother, etc always gets the job. Qualifications don't matter at all.

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
It is kind of tough to get a corporate job in Houston from the outside. Many of the companies tend to be quite insular in their hiring. It's who you know, who you know and who you know.
I agree 100%.... that's definitely what I have against me. I don't know anyone from the area that is in the corporate world.

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Total Time
10000+
It really helps to know someone in the department you want to work for. But we had one guy who showed up, asked for the chief pilot and introduced himself. It actually worked, but he did have a second hand rec from a friend of a friend. I didn't know know anyone in our department and was not typed in any of aircraft, but I had very specific experience for a secondary job they were looking for. So it possible to get hired in Houston without the brother in law handshake. However, I don't know of any hiring at IAH right now or in the near future. Sorry.

khsgt

Token White Guy
Total Time
6000+
I live in Houston and had 0 luck job hunting there for 6 months and finally had to go find employment elsewhere. Commuting Sucks....but it beats Obama handouts...

heywatchthis

Total Time
6000+
I've been in Houston for over 4 years and the closest work I can find is Mumbai, India.

That Sucks!

X man

Total Time
Haywatchthis
Is that a bit of a commute for you, and are you boiling the water?

pilotgolfer

Total Time
Theres a Sovereign job in Sugar Land posted on climb to 350.

Woops...didn't see Legacy dude already posted the link.

Last edited: