• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel TV tricks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm disappointed that you all are making lowslow work so hard for this information. Don't tell me I'm the ONLY one that knows what he's talking about! Some of us are on the road away from our local weatherman for 8 days in a row, we get lonely for that down home forecast and need a little relief. Help this brother out!

There is a hotel in Miami that only has airline crews as customers. I was there last month, and found that my television wasn't getting any more than 3 staticy channels. I called the front desk, and they sent up the maintenance guy. He told me that the room next door must have disconnected the cable trying to get free movies. He said it happens all of the time, but the problem is if they disconnect the cable, all of the rooms down line in series lose their cable. He tried knocking on the neighbors door, but the zipper head pilot wouldn't open the door. I sat over 18 hours without cable because some idiot screwed with the system. So if you are the zipper head doing this in Miami, they are on to you.

Never have had to unplug the cable, must be some other zipper head. If you've got 18 hours to sit in a hotel room why not go OUTSIDE and do something? You're in Miami for cripes sake, nobody likes a "slam-clicker".

Coolhans said:
Order a movie; watch about 20-25 minutes; call front desk and tell them the movies has cut out on your tv they take the charge off.

version 2...

...order the movie, let it run for about a minute and call the front desk laughing that theres no way you meant to order that. tell them it was your mistake and could they please take care of it?

one of two results...

1-movie stays on until end
2-movie stays on until end, unless you change the channel.

;)

Latest resources

Back