• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel Irons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay $2 to have your shirt done at the cleaners with heavy starch, wear a clean t-shirt every day, don't spill coffee or Qdoba on yourself, and one shirt will last 4 days, easy. Voila! Never iron again. Oh yeah, don't forget deodorant.

If you absolutely have to use the polyester-encrusted iron, juse take a pillow case, turn it inside out, and lay it on top of your shirt. It works like a charm.

Come on guys, be real men and carry your own iron :smash:

http://www.shoprowenta.com/detail/ROW+DA351/DA35_Compact_Iron

(no I don't have one, but if the black stuff happens much more.. I will be very tempted to buy one)

Can you imagine the TSA guy looking at this thing speachless. He picks it up from the cord, dagles it infront of you and say "uhh... i don't think you can take this with you...uhh." Then you look at his shirt and quickly realize why he is so confused.

If you absolutely have to use the polyester-encrusted iron, juse take a pillow case, turn it inside out, and lay it on top of your shirt. It works like a charm.

I think I'd be afraid of what's on the pillowcase...

"Is that hair gel?" :puke:

Then again, you wouldn't need to bring starch... :D

Ha Stewart!, you go down the 14 flights of stairs the the weirdo hillbilly bar downstairs?

ya i did... found a girl that looks like your avatar!

Well, it you really feel the need to iron your shirt, first you empty and refill the water resevoir...I emptied a dead cockroach out of one once.

Second, you always try the iron out on one of the hotel's handtowels first. That way when it melts black goo all over thier stuff instead of yours it ain't so bad...geeze, how long have you guys been doing this? Didn't teach you that stuff at Embryridiculouse? All that money down the drain...

hehehehehehehehe

Ok... what the he11 do you guys do to the irons in the hotel rooms?!?!?!?! I doubt they could reproduce the black sticky sludge I keep finding on the bottom of the irons in a science lab. What gives?

True story.. there is a guy at Gemini that is reputed to be so cheap, he used the iron in the hotel room to make grilled cheese sandwiches...

Latest resources

Back