• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel Alarm Clocks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The clocks that starting showing up at Hiltons a few years ago are utterly worthless & still have me baffled. They might just be pilot-proof.

Aren't those the ones with directions printed on top? They're the only ones I can reliably set.

I would say so. I don't know why you would touch something in a hotel room that obviously never gets cleaned, and is so close to a bed.

What about lights switches, TV remote, iron, toilet knob, bathroom faucet, and the thermostat? We all touch something in the room that does not receive a regular cleaning. Lighten up.

I too have looked at the alarm clock in disbelief, thinking to myself how in the world to set the damn thing!
And, I swear this is true, but ever since leaving the regional airlines I always get a wakeup call and my room key always works!

Cheers- Rum

The version of the 'dream machine' at the crap-tel in MCN is possibly the most complicated piece of equipment I've ever seen. I could set the time on my 1980ish VCR with less effort than that thing...

This doesn't bode well for me when it comes time for RJ training, does it? :(

That MCN one is insane. I gave up on trying to bother with it. IIRC, the Hotel in Augusta has a pretty nasty one, too.

The moron executive at Wyndham brand hotels who chose their new model of alarm clock should be locked up for life.

If you know the clocks of which I speak, I'm sure you share these same complaints:

1. Can't set the time without removing two screws in the back. The hotel staff are too lazy to make sure the clocks show the correct time.

2. The DST button on the inside (after you spend 15 minutes removing the screws with your little nail file) doesn't do anything except cause "DST" to show on the display. It doesn't actually set the time forward an hour. What's the point??

3. The clock display is literally as bright as the sun. Fortunately there's a "Dim" button that causes the display to go absolutely black. Um, again, what's the point?? How about a nice medium setting?

4. It only allows the crappy station presets to be used for the alarm. The presets, of course, are usually set to Spanish, hip-hop, country, etc. Bleh!

OK, since we're on rants about clocks, here goes one.

What's with setting the clock 10 minutes ahead? My wife does this to her alarm clock at home, and my hotel room had this last night.

If you're going to knowingly set the clock 10 early so you're not late, aren't you going to remember that the clock is 10 minutes fast? If it says 12:30, don't you know that it is really 12:20 now?

Maybe it's the thinking of the female mind, but all you do is make me think I am late, when I'm not.

Last edited:
I see your beef with the alarm clock!

First my cell phone doesnt work in some places we fly. So there goes that. Second every heard of lazy bahamian that wont do wake up calls!

Fri - normal alarm clock
sat - light next to number is for A.M. not your
typical P.M
Sun - Two dots next to number one for A.M. one for
P.M. then another for alarm set. so when you
look at it you have no flipin idea what
anything means

Im confused i just wake up when other crew members call for me being late. I don't lose sleep!!

OK, since we're on rants about clocks, here goes one.

What's with setting the clock 10 minutes ahead? My wife does this to her alarm clock at home, and my hotel room had this last night.

If you're going to knowingly set the clock 10 early so you're not late, aren't you going to remember that the clock is 10 minutes fast? If it says 12:30, don't you know that it is really 12:20 now?

Maybe it's the thinking of the female mind, but all you do is make me think I am late, when I'm not.

I unplug the POS in the hotel and plug in my cp charger. No more mexican accordian jams at 0300.

As far as women and time, I tell people that my wife will be f'ing late to her own funeral. All the clocks set ahead and she still manages to be 15 late to EVERYTHING!!!

I would say so. I don't know why you would touch something in a hotel room that obviously never gets cleaned, and is so close to a bed.

There was a recent study that was done and found that in a hotel room, the highest concentration of feces was found on the remote control. Just food for thought.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back